3D tvs!

roh2cool

Reaction score
As Samsung Led TV is launching this summer, many brands are coming up with them!

Sony to release 3D TVs by June, amidst heavy Japanese competition!

More competition for Sony! Toshiba will also be releasing its 3D Rezga LCD TVs by this summer, equipped with the Cell Broadband Engine microprocessor. The TVs will also be able to record over LAN to both built-in and external HDDs, and will feature proprietary “2D-3D conversion” as well as “super resolution” technology.
Sony has announced that it will be launching its 3D TVs on June 10th, premiering them in Japan. European purchases will include four bundled 3D PS3 games with the televisions, namely PAIN, Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD and Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

read more.......
http://techzon3.in/?p=400

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Be warned! DVR to LAN recording will be DRMd to the extreme most likely. I can bet $50 on that, meaning it's nothing I'd buy into. I'm not too hyped on the whole 3DTV thing. For one, most TV providers compress the images far too much, which makes 3D pretty much pointless in the first place. Second of all, the home viewing technology is still a bit too early for my tastes to sock down an extra $800 to. Let them work on getting virtually uncompressed 1080p broadcasts as the standard first.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
While I pretty much agree with Smith6612's comments, it was very long ago that Hi Definition TV's were very expensive and the signal was was only available on a very limited basis in limited areas. If the general public shows interest and support for 3DTV it would not be inconceivable to see this as an industry standard in a few more years. I still have two very "old fashioned" analog televisions hooked up to the local cable tv system and, despite the fact that HD televisions are available locally for very low prices, I just cannot bring myself to throw out good working equipment. By the time these two sets fail the HD televisions may be even cheaper than they are now.

roh2cool

Reaction score
Ya i agree with u guys, lets hope 1080p comes on TV soon within good range.