4 sql databases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenfor

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not only can my php scripts not access my SQL database I think as all they show is a blank page. The source code says this:

"
<!-- Generated in 0.085367 seconds by CMS Made Simple using 7 SQL queries -->
<!-- CMS Made Simple - Released under the GPL - http://cmsmadesimple.org -->
"

Does this mean that it can't access the database do you think?
And in my CPanel it shows there being 4 SQL databaseses. 3 of them being mine and one that has been created not by me and is just blank.

What's going on? I updated my page template through a browser based CMS editor and now it just shows a blank page throughout my whole site.

Please help

Thanks

Login name: broken
URL: brokenfor.x10hosting.com

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please check your error log for why the blank page is showing up.

A blank page usually means a script is trying to use a restricted or illegal function, BUT the script creator put an @ symbol in front of the function which suppresses the error output, so instead of a helpful error it shows a blank page.

You can access the error log in your cPanel, or you can also check for a file in the same directory as the script called "error_log"

The extra database is a bug with cPanel. It should be resolved tonight when I update cPanel.

Brokenfor

Reaction score
I checked the error log and the last one was on 14th Jan 08, so I still don't know why this is happening.

It has worked for me for many months and now it has just stopped working in the last 2 days.

Is there a reason why it may not be picking up the SQL database or something like that? I'm not that good with PHP and stuff so can't realise a reason why it would be doing this.

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.