4 Tips to build a successful forum

WinGate

Reaction score
4 Tips to build a successful forum

1) Spread the news of your forum to your friends. They are the best people to further promote your forum if they find it interesting and useful.

2) Suit the taste of your friends as much as possible. This is because you can only keep visitors that like your site. Try to create more sections that discuss about different things and they may like it more.

3) Post your site to search engines. You can register at Yahoo or Google to have your website (forum) posted on major search engines. Make sure you've a distinctive name yet not too specific. This gives you the highest chance of being the first couple of sites when a keyword is entered.

4) In your forum, if possible, give certain 'advantages' to members that make them feel superior than ordinary visitors, e.g. higher limit of the size of uploaded images. This encourages registration to your forum and can directly increases the number of members of your forum.

Hope that you can have a successful forum!

icon_wink.gif
Regards

Zenax

Reaction score
very useful tips. I shall think about using these ...

indisoft

Reaction score
now a days too much competition...every one is creating a forum.....i have only 40members in my forum...

klnce

Reaction score
yeah competition is there. But linking the similar kind of forums will help u to get visitors. For example see the question asked in other similar competitor forum. Give the answer in your site and give the URL to other forum. So u wont violate the forum rules. And you are getting one user.