403 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillapsfi

Reaction score
after restoring site from back-up files getting this error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /contemplative_discourses on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_mono/1.2.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at gillincorporated.exofire.net Port 80

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you get this after restoring an entire site backup or a MySQL database? To me, this either looks like a .htaccess error or a CHMOD file permission issue. Look for some .htaccess files in that folder first and rename them slightly to see if that fixes the problem. If not, open up cPanel file manager or FTP and change the file permissions.

gillapsfi

Reaction score
I got it after restoring the entire home directory
Edit:
ok I erased the last line of the .htaccess file which was some kind of rewrite condition and can now access the homepage...is there a similar file for the word press folder?

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If there's an .htaccess file in the WordPress folder, then go ahead and do what you did again. There might be, but I'm not familiar with how WordPress uploads. If there isn't, check your folder/file permissions for WordPress in cPanel's File Manager or via FTP.

Last edited:

gillapsfi

Reaction score
Now I'm getting this, how do I check the database password?

WordPress

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

kajasweb

Reaction score
This maybe because of Server Move. Please wait until Corey finishes with the Servers.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Check the New and Announcements forum and see if recent problems with the servers are affecting you.

gillapsfi

Reaction score
problem solved...I had to add a user to the database again and make the changes in wp-config.php....now if I could just log into x10 account management panel so I can park my domain :rant2::dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.