403 Forbidden Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Hi,

I had the below error message display when trying to access my site, after many hours of trying to rectify this, I decided to delete my whole site and do a clean install of wordpress. However the error message still displays and I am at a loss on what to do. Please help!

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I would be most grateful of any guidance/ help in rectifying this.

TIA

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could I have a link to the page displaying this error message?

Thank you,

caftpx10

Reaction score
www.marcellajean.co.uk returns 'Index of /' and for www.marcellajean.co.uk/wp-admin returns the following (which is interesting):
Code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wp-admin on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
EDIT: And if we look at the OP and some other posts, we should see that the second thing stated in this post was already identified!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Your wp-admin directory and a few other directories had incorrect file permissions set. All directories should be set to 755. I have corrected this for these directories, though your WordPress installation's core files (in the root directory) appear to be missing.

Thank you,

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Thank you again Dead I, could you kindly advise the best way to restore these missing core files as a quick search has advised me to do this via the wordpress login which I am still unable to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.