403 Forbidden POST with html

Status
Not open for further replies.

unident3

Reaction score
I assume the issue is with html code in $_POST.
eed9e4b9db.png

I'm trying to make a BB tag for embedding YT videos, I've also had issues with
replacement code in other areas of my site, I was curious if I could get
confirmation and suggestions as to what actions could be taken.

Also, i have already checked permissions, files 644, folders 755

Last edited:

unident3

Reaction score
After numerous google searches it seems that the most common issues with MyBB 403 messages are cause by the mod_security settings.
None of said posts elaborated on what the setting was or what it was changed to.

caftpx10

Reaction score
How many links were you trying to post within a single post?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Oh. Right. What happens if you make the replacement only say '$1' and post that?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Mhm.. what if you type some normal text (no '$1' or any tags) for the replacement? If the 403 is still triggered then it would probably be safe to say that a mod_security2 rule is detecting the regex pattern.
There are some X10 staff who are able to make the rule exception on a per-account basis but it can take some time for them to come on.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Does 'video id $1' also result in a 501 response?

EDIT: Trying to not hit a different rule with the wording used.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by this, /rule/ ?
When I was typing that post, an example I had in single quotes looked as if it might be in a mod_security2 rule so I edited it with something else just in case it ends up triggering a rule itself.

You guessed it. Passes just fine without regex.
So it works fine with the with regular expression in the first field but with the replacement being 'video id $1'?

unident3

Reaction score
It works if I remove the regex, and there is plain text(IE: no html tags) in the replacement.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Two rules (regex, HTML tags[?]) are going into play?
If you were to have '<b>$1</b>' as replacement would it also have a 403/501? iframes are likely to be blocked as part of a rule (directly or indirectly) because of malicious uses from attackers.
Honestly I don't really know RegEx myself so I can't tell by the pattern if you could XSS inject that (could be the reason why that might be getting blocked also).

unident3

Reaction score
Ok so, the 403 is being caused by the html tags being flagged, and I have no idea why the regex is being flagged.

unident3

Reaction score
Still haven't gotten a response to this, everywhere I read, It comes back to incorrect "mod_sec" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.