404 on new forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

post4fun

Reaction score
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've installed a new forum board also paid $175 ? And now when ever i try to create a Thread & post it i get this kind of a error 404, i had same issue with MyBB Forum i deleted it and now i installed this forum and converted all my users and stuff now my members complaining about this error also I saw this error 2mins ago. Can someone please fix this asap.

Thank You!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You might get more helpful replies if you were to stop posting the problem as 404-related. The error you are getting is a 403 Forbidden; the 404 note on the generic error page simply means that the system can't find a custom 403 error page to display.

post4fun

Reaction score
Oh sorry,

But it can be different? I thought it was forum software problem which i was using MyBB before, and now I'm using a paid forum software IP.Board and i can't basically do anything now like edit stuff in Admin CP it starts giving me 404 error most of the time.

tonynadi

Reaction score
You might get more helpful replies if you were to stop posting the problem as 404-related. The error you are getting is a 403 Forbidden; the 404 note on the generic error page simply means that the system can't find a custom 403 error page to display.

There seem to be many word-press sites encountering this issue, likely resulting from a new mod_security rule (yay regex!), mine included.

Any word on when I can get mine resolved, or when there may be a better solution than removing the rule once someone posts here?

Status
Not open for further replies.