500 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

matttt2295

Reaction score
Hello,
I have installed Gallery 3 via the Softaculous and by doing it my self. And everytime i try to connect to the Gallery main pages, it gives me this.

500 Error

An internal server error has occurred. Please try your request again momentarily.

• File or directory permissions are set too high: Files should be 0644, directories 0755.
  • Problem with your .htaccess file.
  • A syntax error in a CGI script.

I have searched around and was talking about problems involving the .htaccess file but I have tried most of the solutions and none worked. One solution stated that I would have to have access to some of the Apache config files, but obviously I do not. It said I should contact my host to see if you can do this, or help me with the problem.

I get an error 500 when I visit my Gallery 3 install for the first time

This probably means that your webserver doesn't support the "php_flag" command in the .htaccess file provided with Gallery 3. Solutions are:

1. edit your php.ini file and set "short_open_tag" to 1
  2. edit your apache configuration file to allow per-directory overriding of Options or All (note that this has implications to broad to discuss here):
<Location "/gallery3/"> AllowOverride +Options </Location> Thank You

P.S. It says I have reached the MySQL database limit, and yet on cPanel it says i have 2/4. Do we get 2 or 4 MySQL databases?

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
You only get 2 databases and php flags cant be set in htaccess or a 500 error will occur

matttt2295

Reaction score
You only get 2 databases and php flags cant be set in htaccess or a 500 error will occur
Ok, so I edited my php.ini file and set "short_open_tag" to 1 500 Error
I edited my php.ini file and set "short_open_tag" to on 500 Error
I deleted the .htaccess in the gallery folder completely 500 Error
I deleted all of the php flags in the .htaccess file 500 Error

Any Ideas?
Thanks

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please link to the issue.

Status