500 Internal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinhso

Reaction score
Username : saphirre
Domain : firebat.info
Sub-domain : freeicons.pcriot.com

I use Fantastico to install Joomla . Everything goes fine . After that, I go to the page and log in as Adminstrator . After a few configure in Joomla Administrator ( install new theme , change something in Global Configure , change file and folder permissions a.k.a CHMOD ) . I preview my page with new theme I install .Then I go back to Joomla Administrator and try to access to other features ( install components ,mambots ... ) and I get 500 error .

I tried to reinstall Joomla a few times , and it still happens . I don't know what's wrong . I mean there is nothing in the site yet . The page works fine , and I only get the 500 error when I try to click on Administrator which let me log in to Joomla Administrator , and there is no error in Error Log in Cpanel

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
500 is usually caused by incorrect permissions on a file / folder.
You mentioned that you changed some permissions - it is likely that one of those changes caused it.

thinhso

Reaction score
Hmm , you know which one ? Because if I dont change permissions of template folder ( I tested again , this time I only change permission of template folder ) , the layout won't appear correctly ( no images , just plaint text and links )

lambada

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't - not having used Joomla before, I am unfamiliar with the permission setup in it.

Perhaps another member or staff member can advise on the correct permissions?

Tyrael

Reaction score
500 is usually caused by incorrect permissions on a file / folder.
You mentioned that you changed some permissions - it is likely that one of those changes caused it.

I had similar problem: if you set the permissions higher than 755 then you get this error.
try to change the permissions to 755.
this way the directory is writeable for your script, but you havent got internal server error.

Tyrael

zero5854

Reaction score
wow thats a good thought as I occasionally get that error!. I will try out this idea...thanks!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing this thread since the thread starter has not responded

Status
Not open for further replies.