500 internal server error - solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

hussam

Reaction score
well after suffering alot because of the migration process and no one replied with a solution, i felt ignored, and this feels bad, so i decided as long as it is not going to work (my forum) so why dont i screw things up, its not working any ways

i was able to fix the problem i had

i have phpBB 3 RC7 installed and it will not start whatsoever, i got alot of errors, 500internal server errror and server not found...etc

and i keep on getting this error in the error log

php/.htaccess: Invalid command '</Files>Options', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

so i tried to remove this error and i got another error, what ever i do i keep on getting errors, so i simply deleted the .htaccess, then voila it worked, ofcourse this is dangerous to do, the server should be reconfigured so this command will be understood by it
FTP access, to get your ftp work all you have to do is to remodify your ftp connection and remove the word "ftp" from the host

instead of ftp.XXX.XXX.XXX
use XXX.XXX.XXX

the "X" is your domain, please dont tell me you didnt understand that!!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED WITH NOTHING

i hope this helps you fix your problem, if it does just reply with a post

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the solution, but due to the fact we need to keep non-pending problems closed in the support forum I need to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.