500 Internal Server Error -while everything seems to be up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrash

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm using this free host service for almost 2 weeks.
When it works I'm very satisfied it seems to be the most complete hosting service . Its cheaper & has more capabilities than 10 other host services I checked...

Last week apache server was down (so I guess it was a normal problem) and my site was down but it was fixed.

Today I tried to entered my site but it was down (check the end of my post for full text of the error)
... I checked the server status topic in forums and everything seems to be up. I only imported a some tables related to drupal and they worked ok when I tried.
Even If I did something wrong with drupal ,my other pages should work (there are simple php scripts).

I'm planning on using this service for hosting something that are related to an online game (www.anarchy-online.com).

Code:
[B]Internal Server Error[/B]

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator,  webmaster@XXXXXX.x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
 More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

gnubug

Reaction score
Could you possibly post your error log from cpanel. This might help in determing what is going on. This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

ryoko126

Reaction score
I got the same thing and that was the reason, so yeah, just request a php upgrade and you should be good to go soon.

jtrash

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I requested a php upgrade and I hope my problem will be solved.

Slothie

Reaction score
It might be just your file permissions, make sure they are not set higher than 755.

jtrash

Reaction score
Its not the file permissions.
I can access the folder & check the files but I can't run any php code.
Also, all the scriptswere working until saturday or sunday mornig(when I last checked)

limjix

Reaction score
I'm also having the same problem. Has anyone tried upgrading php to solve the problem?

Btw, what reason should you give to upgrade?

worhund

Reaction score
I also got the same problem :-s
[Mon Nov 12 07:00:35 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/favicon.ico
[Mon Nov 12 07:00:34 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/500.shtml
[Mon Nov 12 07:00:34 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] Premature end of script headers: /home/worhund/public_html/phpinfo.php
[Mon Nov 12 07:00:33 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/500.shtml
[Mon Nov 12 07:00:33 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] Premature end of script headers: /home/worhund/public_html/phpinfo.php
[Mon Nov 12 07:00:27 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/favicon.ico
[Mon Nov 12 06:56:24 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/favicon.ico
[Mon Nov 12 06:56:23 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/500.shtml
[Mon Nov 12 06:56:23 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] Premature end of script headers: /home/worhund/public_html/kamustra/wp-admin/index.php
[Mon Nov 12 06:50:33 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/favicon.ico
[Mon Nov 12 06:50:32 2007] [error] [client 81.83.181.110] File does not exist: /home/worhund/public_html/500.shtml

Chris73

Reaction score
Please upgrade you php versions to intermediate. You do this by logging into your account management panel(not cpanel) and requesting for the upgrade. This change sometimes does take awhile to go into effect. So please wait a little while before posting saying it doesn't work or it's still pending.

jtrash

Reaction score
Please upgrade you php versions to intermediate. You do this by logging into your account management panel(not cpanel) and requesting for the upgrade. This change sometimes does take awhile to go into effect. So please wait a little while before posting saying it doesn't work or it's still pending.

I did that before your post. My php was upgraded and everything works ok now.

Thank you all for your help.

wvm31

Reaction score
Account Username:wvm32
Primary Domain:http://wvm31.x10hosting.com
PHP Version:pHP 5.2.4 - Intermediate Ver.

I already upgraded my php version to Intermidiate but still I have this error:

When I access: http://wvm31.x10hosting.com/tracker.php

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@wvm31.x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.wvm31.x10hosting.com Port 80

Last edited:

khollida

Reaction score
I'm also having the same problem. Ive done ever thing they have suggested and I'm still getting the error! :rant2:

When i posted a thread about it, i got one reply that did nothing to help me and after that no replys.
Can someone please solve this issue!

Chris73

Reaction score
I have seen lots of these errors fixed by doing one of 2 things. Checking your.htaccess file for any changes. Renaming your .htaccess to .htaccess.bk or even try removing it.

luwiiii

Reaction score
I have seen lots of these errors fixed by doing one of 2 things. Checking your.htaccess file for any changes. Renaming your .htaccess to .htaccess.bk or even try removing it.

Where can I find .htaccess?
Edit: Found it already

Renamed it then deleted it but I'm still getting Internal Server error

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.