500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas.mizzi84

Reaction score
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

here is the link
i want to install magento and doing a magento check that comes up

http://lukem.x10.mx/magento-check.php

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
PHP files cannot be 777. They need to be 644. anything else will produce errors. I have adjusted the file permissions.

lucas.mizzi84

Reaction score
ok since you have done that now this comes up

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /magento-check.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

is there a way to allow a 777 because magento needs that

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way to allow 777. And if magento really need its php files to have that permission, I'd suggest using something else. 777 means world writable, which would make it very easy for anyone to hack/modify your files, which is why the server is setup so an error will be thrown if you have that set.

The only thing that should possibly need that is a cache folder and possibly an uploads folder, although they often can do well with 755 (which would be what folders generally should have).

The error should be sorted now.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I changed the last two folders that were still 777 to 755, your site appears to be loading fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.