500 internal server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am getting the following error for my web site. Can you please help me ? couldn't find a error log on the site.

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@amazinglanka.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. You are both on xo2
2. My test site on xo2 (Drupal, hence PHP and mySQL) is running fine.
3. What sort of sites are you running? Do they contact outside services?

pumpmani

Reaction score
1. You are both on xo2
2. My test site on xo2 (Drupal, hence PHP and mySQL) is running fine.
3. What sort of sites are you running? Do they contact outside services?

Yes, I'm on xo2, i'm running a site on Wordpress, I don't know what you mean with outside services but I think my site isn't contacting
just a simple wordpress site.
Also I'm having trouble exporting my database.

Thank you for your answer :)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean with outside services

Some plugins might contact Facebook or Twitter to get and display information on your site. Or maybe a weather site to grab and display your local weather. If something happens during the attempt to contact the outside source, you can get a 500 error.

Just trying to narrow down the possibilities.

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
phpbb3 forum here and I have mostly mod rewrite enabled for the forum software. I did not touch the .htcaccess at all other than to clear it out and only then I'm able to get into my site just fine. Otherwise FF tells me 'The page isn't redirecting properly'. it was working fine before tonight.

Earlier some of us experienced our website pointing to other ppls accounts on x10hosting. but that's been cleared out. Guess its just one of those nights.

--- looks like its okay now

pumpmani

Reaction score
My site have a widget to display facebook fan box but it was there months ago with any problem.
I see my site is okay now so thank you Descalzo

Status
Not open for further replies.