500 internal server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

elena.florence48

Reaction score
Dear all,
today, while trying to access my website http://www.italiagidflorenzia.ru/ I get this error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My cPanel works fine, and my account on xo2 is not suspended. Can anyone help me to solve this issue?
Thank you very much
Best regards

Elena

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Elena,

There was a .htaccess file in your main home directory causing this issue. I've commented out this line, and your site is now loading. :)

Thank you,

elena.florence48

Reaction score
Thank you very much!
What was the error? So far my .htaccess worked fine, did something change in the server configuration?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Elena,

We recently switched our web server from using Litespeed to a combination of Apache and Varnish. Unfortunately Apache is a little less lenient on how it handles .htaccess errors, and this was causing the sudden Internal Server Error.

Strangely, the .htaccess file causing trouble was located in your home directory, rather than your public_html, with a single line within. I've commented this line out, though this shouldn't affect your site's functionality anyway. :)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.