500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_W_A_T

Reaction score
Hi, i juz installed Mambo Open Source by using the Fantastico in the cpanel, after installation, i can't seem to know why i got this error when i open up the page:
Code:
[b]Internal Server Error[/b]

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. 

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@swaty.x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. 

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. 

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone kindly please help me... Thanks in advanced.

S_W_A_T

Reaction score
Funny tho, when i installed it using Scripts Library, it works. But when i installed it with Fantastico, i got that error. Admin, i think there's a problem with Fantastico or something...

shroomin

Reaction score
What you need to do is find the directory or file which got CHmodded on install.. You can log into your CP and check 'error log', it will tell you which file is writable by others. (this is what needs to change). Once you figure out which, CHMod(edit permissions in CP) it to 755

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
The problem isn't with file permissions. The entire page gives a "500" when even tryed to be loading, not even submitting the upload form. It did work last week. Also, that's not teh only page doing it.

Biggie

Reaction score
Yeah,the same thing's happening to me with Coppermine Gallery.
Except I've had the gallery working for months, and today I tried to visit it and I got a 500.
My homepage works, just the gallery.
I think I heard someone say that PHP isn't working, that might be the problem???

bin_asc

Reaction score
Yes.Somethings wrong with Fantastico.Some scripts are not well installed.

Last edited:

hartap

Reaction score
"500 Internal Server Error", It's one of the most uninformative error messages that can mean anything from an improper upload to a bug in the script. So I hope this step could eliminate it.
1. if you installed mambo script. you need to reset your public_html (or htdocs, or whatever your webroot is) to 755. It appears that my public_html was set to 777 which causes Mambo not to function.
2. if you installed your own script. verify that the script is configured correctly and make sure that it was uploaded in ASCII transfer mode (if uploading using an FTP client)

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
This thread is like 2 months old. The problems have already been taken care of.. As far as I know, mine was at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.