500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

beasty2009

Reaction score
ok, i just got my account activated this morning, i added a mysql database and username with all permissions, i added a phpbb forum to my database through ftp all went fine, when i went to my site url the default x10 page was there so i just renamed it to stop it from showing, then instead of the site going to the phpbb installation page it just goes to a 500 internal server error page, i tried adding a different forum to a /forum folder but that does the same thing? is there a problem with the server or did i do something wrong?

Last edited:

DawnVk

Reaction score
well, ive installed my phpbb last night and it worked well.
Now i have the same problem with the internal server error....
Probably a server issue

DawnVk

Reaction score
here's the explanation:

500 errors in the HTTP cycle

Any client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) goes through the following cycle when it communicates with your Web server:

* Obtain an IP address from the IP name of your site (your site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
* Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
* Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
* Receive an HTTP data stream back from your Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.

This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognises as '500'.

Resolving 500 errors - general

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Resolving 500 errors - CheckUpDown

Please contact us (email preferred) whenever you encounter 500 errors on your CheckUpDown account. We then have to liaise with your ISP and the vendor of your Web server software so they can trace the exact reason for the error. Correcting the error may require recoding program logic for your Web server software, which could take some time.

beasty2009

Reaction score
lol well thats typical i had to wait 3 days for my account to be approved, now i cant do anything because of the server oh well never mind.

hoschakj

Reaction score
A lot of times 500 errors have to do with something in your .htaccess file. If you made any changes to that file then take them out, or try deleting .htaccess in the folder of your phpbb.

hose30

Reaction score
But it is no fault of their's.

Everyone seems to have the same issue, it has been like it on my site for 2 weeks now and it will only be fixed once server updates have completed? Please correct me if I am wrong?

So hopefully within the next few days all the sites should go back to normal automatically.

hokubu

Reaction score
I had this error too.
Upgrading to PHPv2 seems to have cured the error for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.