500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hose30

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to sort this problem now, for just over two weeks.

I have a support ticket open but I do not seem to be getting anywhere because even though it has been put to Level 2 Support I just do not get any replies on it.

Basically, my site is based around an oscommerce website.

It will access the home page fine but whenever you try to access any other page it brings up the 500 Internal Server Error Page.

Oscommerce have told me it is a problem with my host.

My file permissions are correct.

I get the error
[Thu Feb 12 09:25:06 2009] [error] [client 212.219.207.42] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/hose30/public_html/shoppingcart/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 335, referer: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...mages?q=plain+t-shirt&gbv=2&hl=en&safe=strict
In my error log after someone has tried to access the page.

I had not edited any files of things before this happened, it just happened and at the time it seemed that many people had a simular problem but now they don't?

I would be very grateful if an admin or support person could look into my account for any issues.

Thank you in advance!!

Joe

Last edited:

markhere

Reaction score
Whats your website address.
And check http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=312860
Edit:
Hi yea
Think I found your site
http://www.fanaticfashions.co.uk
It looks like your problem is not X10hosting as I can access your pages if I edit the url like this. Clothing link on home page when clicked shows url below.

http://www.fanaticfashions.co.uk/sh...hp?cPath=21&osCsid=tqbdfcd3b71r7d2fp8htb6cea1

Then tried this url
http://www.fanaticfashions.co.uk/shoppingcart/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

This works.

Removed &osCsid=tqbdfcd3b71r7d2fp8htb6cea1 from link above.
Try setting in your admin to use search engine friendly urls. Might work

Last edited:

hose30

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, but if you try to click on an item, it still comes up with the internal server error.

And why would it suddenly do this, seeing as I never edited any settings or files?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

markhere

Reaction score
Hi yea
Oscommerce adds something like this on to it's urls &osCsid=tqbdfcd3b71r7d2fp8htb6cea1
What I have seen with your site is that if you remove this your page comes up. Which suggests the problem maybe an oscommerce issue.
Trying to check my site as I think mine strips out the &osCsid=tqbdfcd3b71r7d2fp8htb6cea1 at the end of the url but have to wait till the server comes back up.

hose30

Reaction score
Is the server down at the moment?

Also, I have done what you suggested by making it use search engine friendly links and it doesn't seem to have changed.

And yes it does work on certain pages by removing tht but not on the pages where the database needs to be accessed such as the list of items pages pages.

may this suggest that it could be x10? Am I right?

Thanks for all your helps by the way!!

Last edited:

markhere

Reaction score
Look at the bottom of your home page there seems to some error there.
Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Not sure might relate to Use search engine friendly urls if you've enabled it to check pages.
I would suggest googling your error as well as I have nearly always found solutions to problems with oscommerce on their forums.

hose30

Reaction score
I know that Error Message is there too at the bottom of the page and has been since the problem started all of a sudden.

I just haope that an admin will answer the support ticket within the next few days, it has already been raised to level 2 because the first person didn't know.

Anyway thank you very much for your help...

markhere

Reaction score
I am using OSC 2.2RC2a

Try this but backup the file first

Backup: catalog\includes\application_top.php then open it locate this code:

Replace
if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {
with
if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation') && is_object($navigation)) {

This may fix it for you if not replace the original file.
I have
if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation') && is_object($navigation)) {
in my application_top.php and works just fine.

hose30

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you very much again as this has partly worked as the pages are now showing up.

However X10 must have a problem as it is not displaying things correctly and there are still errors, so please if an admin is reading could you look into this.

But thank you for at least getting my pages back, I am most grateful!!

Reaction score
This is unofficial support therefore, you're VERY unlikely to get a reply from a higher staff member here. As you may understand x10 hosting gets lots of support tickets daily. I understand your frustration at not being able to get your site sorted straight away but persevere and you'll reap the rewards at the end of it.

markhere

Reaction score
Hi there
Just to remind you to switch off use search engine friendly urls as this was just to test the pages

hose30

Reaction score
Yes thank you I have have changed it back...

Ok thank you for letting me know that I will just need to sit back and wait!
Edit:
You wouldn't also have any idea about how to sort a problem such as:

Error!
Unable to determine page link!

It seems to be a problem linking pages?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

markhere

Reaction score
what version of oscommerce are you using and what server are you hosted on.

hose30

Reaction score
I am on absolut.

I am running on oscommerce version 2.2 as far as I aware, the foler name stored on my computer is:
oscommerce-2.2rc2a

Thanks...

markhere

Reaction score
trying to test the .htaccess file on my site to see if that maybe your problem but lotus is down again so unable to check yet

markhere

Reaction score
Sorry no joy. I really think it's not a problem though with X10hosting. It seems to be an oscommerce issue. There are a few threads relating to this issue on the oscommerce forums mostly relating to oscommerce 2.2rc1 but there are one or two relating to RC2. Don't think you will find a solution on the X10 ticket support. Could be wrong though. You could try reinstalling osc and check the default setup works then overwrite the original with your backup which you should already have made. Besides posting on oscommerce not sure what else you could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.