dhruv227

Reaction score
i just finished completing my joomla website and i keep getting this error :
500 Internal Server Error

what should i do ? how can i resolve it

mgmall

Reaction score
Hi,
Even I am seeing intermittent 500 internal server error while accessing my site www.chillzee.com.

Any help to resolve this will be great.

Thanks in advance.

nis-gens

Reaction score
i am also on chopin and this problem just has went away but ftp does not work anymore:angel:

--edit--

i have the error again now and i still cant acces ftp xD

Last edited:

romulas

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm getting 500 Internal Server Errors also on my free hosting account. I mean, I usually get them every now and then since I signed up for the service a couple weeks ago, but this has been occurring consistently throughout the day today.

I'm also on Chopin. Some assistance would be nice.
Edit:
Should I submit a trouble ticket?

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Well, if the fault is intermittent, you'll need to just wait.

The work being done on the servers will cause intermittent problems, which will go in time, as the work is completed.

Edit : No. Don't submit a ticket just yet. Wait & see what happens first. See my standard footnote, below ;

Sorry to post the following here if it doesn't help you, but a lot of people haven't spotted the lastest important News posts yet ;

Link1 ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98947-backup-issues.html

Link2 ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98910-high-resource-usage.html

Link3 ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98836-update-6-22-09-a.html

These may answer some of your questions.

Regularly check the News & Service Alerts sections for more Updates like those.

Please Note
: The staff are getting flooded with Support tickets during the server upgrade work, which is being done to provide for x10's long-term future.

• Read the forum for help & avoid submitting a ticket unless you really have to.
  • Please be patient & wait - they will get to you eventually. Don't "bump" your Support ticket, because that will put it to the back of the queue again.
  • Corey has warned that people submitting frivolous, rude or multiple tickets may get banned from the Support system.
  • Unfortunately, because of the ticket spamming, there has been need in the past to close all tickets - both the frivolous and the important ones. Therefore it is important to regularly check the status of your ticket, & if necessary re-open it if it gets closed.

Remember that this is a free service, supported by an active & unpaid community of staff & other x10 members (myself being one of them!) :)

Last edited:

romulas

Reaction score
Okay, so i just deleted my .htaccess file in public_html and now, i'm not getting the error or the long wait for the load time.

My .htaccess came from the new Drupal installation I just did.

I don't recommend deleting the .htaccess though, only renaming it to something different as a temporary fix.

I'm going to try figuring out why my .htaccess file is giving me errors.
Edit:
Okay, yeah, I just want to confirm, that MY 500 Internal Server Error was most likely a result from a corrupt .htaccess file. I had just deleted Joomla from my site and replaced it with Drupal. I didn't delete the old .htaccess because it was hidden from my view at that time. After some investigating, i realized that the joomla .htaccess was not replaced with the drupal .htaccess and that was MY problem.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
everything looks fine i checked your website and 500 interal server errors always comes from bcoz u did something wrong in there .htaccess

dhruv227

Reaction score
ya i am on chopin server, after seeing it's a problem with everyone on chopin this error might be temporary.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Chopin seems to be fine now as I can visit sites on that server.

Status
Not open for further replies.