503 backend fetch error on X01

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquari11

Reaction score
Also when accessing My sql databases, i get this error;
This server is running an unsupported MySQL version (5.1). Ask your system administrator to upgrade MySQL to improve security and features.

aquari11

Reaction score
I encountered this error immediately after changing the original forum logo on my forum software, then noticed the MySQL error in the database area. Could these two be related? and the backened error caused by the outdated/unsupported MySQL version??

aquari11

Reaction score
well, maybe not. Now i get
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 53005883

Varnish cache server
Any time i try to click a different section. :(

aquari11

Reaction score
This error means that Varnish had no response (even not an HTTP error) from the backend within the timeout limit.

You can troubleshoot that in many ways :

• On the backend : do you see requests from Varnish in your webserver log ?

• On Varnish server : Run varnishlog and check the request process. You should have events in this order : RxRequest > TxRequest > RxResponse > TxResponse. Your problem is between TxRequest (request sent to backend) and RxResponse (response received from backend).

• On your Varnish server try connecting on the backend using telnet (telnet ). Does it connect ? If it does, try sending a request (e.g. "GET / "). Do you receive a response ?
Probable causes could be : firewall/selinux blocking between varnish & backend, bad varnish or backend web server config (are backend address & port sync ?), webserver stopped,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
This error means that Varnish had no response (even not an HTTP error) from the backend within the timeout limit.
You can troubleshoot that in many ways.........
x10hosting's free-hosting users have no access to server logs or access to any x10hosting's servers

Status
Not open for further replies.