503 ERRORS @#!^&$

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGremlin

Reaction score
There surely comes a time when someone will pay attention to the users of this service and fix these $#%^&% 503 errors. Otherwise this hosting is useless

animefig

Reaction score
Im still waiting since 13 hours ago man for them to fix this damn error, christ sakes its theyre problem not ours for christ sakes!!!

hqforumx

Reaction score
I don't get this I see Anna online and sometimes other admins with red name but they don't fix this issue. @Dead-i since your active here everyday can you please tell us whats going on with this issue. Because I'm pretty sure the members are getting mad and soon they will leave and start losing control because of some mod security you guys have and these ugly errors 406, 403, 503 -_-

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just because people have access to the server doesn't mean they have the skills or knowledge necessary to work on deep configuration problems - problems that don't necessarily have a convenient man page because nobody's encountered them before with a similar server stack layout. If it was an obvious quick fix, it would have been fixed already. Swearing at people certainly isn't going to make it go faster (it's sort of a disincentive, when you think about it).

hqforumx

Reaction score
We aren't swearing at anyone lol, also its been rougly 2 weeks I've been receiving this error so....?

animefig

Reaction score
LOL i didnt even swear im only counting on you guys to solve the problem!
I hope you get it fixed when possible!

caftpx10

Reaction score
We aren't swearing at anyone lol, also its been rougly 2 weeks I've been receiving this error so....?
I believe by that he means becoming aggressive. It doesn't necessarily mean actually swearing. Haha.

hqforumx

Reaction score
I believe by that he means becoming aggressive. It doesn't necessarily mean actually swearing. Haha.

Yeah thanks for translating but he did clearly say "Swearing"...

Also i don't wanna write a long story explaining everything that i have to say! But I'm pretty sure every x10host clients is having this issue and of course they will become aggressive because no one is actually doing anything to solve this problem. This is how you lose clients, also this mod security they have here its getting to the point where myself i can't do anything MyBB Forum is a free forum software why can't you guys remove certain security for certain forums. The only security that shall be removed is from MyBB, I would have changed host thats my 2nd option right now but I can't find a free web host i did find one earlier but it suspended straight after I installed my forum -_- like wtf? Tried so many in the past they didn't go too well. When i came here first joined this site as a Newbie i didn't have such errors like I'm having right now which is 403,406,503... It all began couple of weeks back. One thing you workers need to understand is theres always good to have someone as backup to solve these problems if you know what i mean! They might have no knowledge maybe train them.

Anyways my main thread that i referred to staff members only explains it all.

Thank You.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
And how does the "for christ sakes" [sic] not count as swearing? (Sacreligious utterances are swearing. If I'd meant vulgarity, I would have said vulgarity.)

hqforumx

Reaction score
And how does the "for christ sakes" [sic] not count as swearing? (Sacreligious utterances are swearing. If I'd meant vulgarity, I would have said vulgarity.)

Not gonna sit here all day blab with you.
Thanks.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Ah. Of course. I forgot that some people would consider it so. :lol:

worstlet

Reaction score
I'm not going to vent anger, i will stay within the boundaries of being courteous. However, i am going to be honest, being polite too.

First off - thank you for the free service, there are many free hosts but without the server issues, you're good.

That being said, you most likely won't like the rest of my message, i'll assume it will go unread.

You are a company, you offer services, free and paid. Regardless of the service being offered free, there is a set expectation. You do not sign up to a host and automatically agree not to criticise server issues . I understand servers can over-load, this is a issue some servers face. However, i have used this service twice in the past year, the same issue is present.

I'm sorry, just because you offer a service, it does not grant you immunity from criticism. Like i said, i have tried this service twice, both times i have used this service - the errors still persist. This sends a clear message and one that no company wants publicized - our complaints go on deaf ears.

Yes our complaints are tedious, time consuming too, granted. However, you know full well how time consuming it can be to move hosts, databases, templates, coding, error checking. The last thing you want is your site being offline, right as you are in the middle of editing it.

Would you put up with a car that only started 10% of the time? or would take it back to the dealership? Point being, even free hosting should live up to the promise of good uptime on it's free servers.

With that all being said, i have decided to foot the bill, i am ordering paid hosting from another provider. I would have stuck it out but honestly, a whole year and the same error persists - what does that say?

Now before i get any flaming for my views, consider this - there are many free hosts, ones with very good uptime. Sadly, some of them restrict some options, that is why i found myself signing back up a year later. I had hoped the errors had been addressed, i was sadly mistaken.

So to end this very long essay, i say thank you for the service you have provided. Although i am unsatisfied with the service, i am thankful for the free service you provided me. I wish you nothing but success for your company now and in the future. I am sorry i could not stay.

Thank you

Last edited:

coolwhat

Reaction score
This doesn't happen on every server, so its clear that the problem is because its being overloaded.

probably because someone's website is being attacked or they're using to much resources.

caftpx10

Reaction score
This doesn't happen on every server, so its clear that the problem is because its being overloaded.

probably because someone's website is being attacked or they're using to much resources.
It does look as if it "randomly" (AKA getting unknowingly triggered) is bringing up the error on multiple servers. It's like something in relation to linking all of the servers up is having some issue. I mean who knows what could be causing the issue as of now?

caftpx10

Reaction score
If it does occur again, the following string that gets placed in the '.htaccess' apparently disables Varnish Cache. It's worth trying out.
Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

hqforumx

Reaction score
If it does occur again, the following string that gets placed in the '.htaccess' apparently disables Varnish Cache. It's worth trying out.
Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

That code is for cache like delays example if you post a thread it wouldn't show you have to refresh to show it again on the homepage by putting that code above you posted inside the htaccess removes the delay i had that code inserted for awhile thats not the issue why the error occur.

caftpx10

Reaction score
That code is for cache like delays example if you post a thread it wouldn't show you have to refresh to show it again on the homepage by putting that code above you posted inside the htaccess removes the delay i had that code inserted for awhile thats not the issue why the error occur.
That's why I said "apparently". On the X10 guide, it says that it disables Varnish cache but I do have a doubt that it would disable the whole thing, but yet I thought it could help in some way. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.