503 Service Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafiapl2

Reaction score
i dont know if this is the right forum to post on, but i get this some times on my site. saying its powered by lightspeed and that the server is busy so try again later.
What can i do to prevent this?

Thanks

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
A 503 error is presented when your PHP processes on your web hosting account attempt to utilize more than 2 GB of memory. What software are you using? What sort of actions are you attempting to perform when the 503 error appears?

plcfcode

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I usually get the error with Google Chrome when trying to log into my phpBB forum, but I always get the error when trying to log in using Internet Explorer 11. My website is on Absolut.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
We've made some changes to the servers that should stop the abrupt HTTP 503 error when the memory limit is hit Please let us know if you see the problem continue.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Please let me know what page is causing the error and the exact steps you are taking to cause it.

plcfcode

Reaction score
Normally I would edit my post, but since I think this is significant enough to put in a separate post, I will do so. The 503 error seems to have disappeared, and I can now log in normally. Another find job done by x10Hosting!

Edit: They are back again!

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Something on your website's PHP code is causing it to encounter a segmentation fault (i.e., it dies unexpectedly). Whatever is causing it only executes every other page load. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the cause yet. Do you have any non-standard changes or plugins made to your application?

plcfcode

Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know. I have identified the issue and fixed it. Everything on the website should be back to normal now.

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
Try hitting registration link to your site.. it has not gone away. I don't think clearing cache or registering on a phpbb forum takes a lot of memory either.

So still happening unfortunately.

danny_vickers44

Reaction score
I am receiving this error regularly, my website has worked perfectly fine since April, operated in the same way. Now simple PHP tasks, such as logging in will cause it to give me the 503 error, this needs sorting out, we may be on free hosting but at least provide a working service. Everyone on the hosting seems to be getting it and with my website it is very frequent and disrupting everything. I even tried to upgrade to premium so I could rid of the errors and the upgrade form doesn't even work.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Still having issues. 503's on almost every form submission still. No WordPress. No CMS. The exact same PHP/MySQL that has been there for weeks, before it started happening.
I've kept hoping x10 will fix the problem, but since it appears they aren't, does anyone know of any decent webhosts like x10 that do not have 503's?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Thank you for the updates everyone. We are still working to resolve the 503 errors affecting some websites.

Semsemx1, we are working to resolve the problem. Resolving an intermittent problem on a busy web server that is only affecting a small subset of accounts it not trivial. Please only provide construction responses in others' support threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.