64.92 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart8

Reaction score
I had sent the email below earlier to the support address, before the forum came back online

Hi support,

Good to see you are doing everything to improve on your appreciated service.

I have an urgent question, though...
--------------------------------------
Round 3 of updates. All free and paid sites should work 100% while we perform these upgrades. We are currently updating our backend systems and frontend. This will take a while and we hope to be back soon. Urgent support matters should be E-mailed to support@x10hosting.com Thanks for everyone's patience!! We'll be back soon.
--------------------------------------

From that statement, I understand the sites should be working since you changed the wording on that page to that above.
My site [ orbit.x10hosting.com - Corporate plan] has not been available for a while now. Is it any exception or not being a native English speaker, that sentence above means the sites will be working AFTER you are through with the upgrade?
It's just that I am a bit tight with time, as several business related appointments requiring looking at the site content have fallen through...

Thanks and regards,
From what I gather, if my site cannot still up to now not be accessed & all attempts to log in at that cpanel address fail... I'd assume the site is gone or with some luck, might still be retrieved... :dunno:

Adrock1795

Reaction score
If you didnt backup your site using the cpanel backup, your going to have to recreate and install everything again exspect for the SQL database that you say u backedup. So you will lose all posts and members that you got after you backed up. X10 doesnt have any backups, thats all your responsibility. You have to apply to be on the Sustained Server, which they will give u access for free.

Also can someone check if my account was lost also, my website doesnt work and i cant login into cpanel on the new server.
smurfpow.x10hosting.com

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
To find out if you were on the old server, ping your url. If the IP displays "64.92.x.x" then you are still on the old server.

Here is a img of what the ping should look like if done via Windows command prompt
pingoldbi9.gif

If you are still on the old server, then your account is more than likely gone. Wait for Bryon or another Admin to respond to our questions about the MySQL database backup.

Zenax

Reaction score
Listen up everyone.

The TOS clearly states that any backups are the sole purpose of the User and the User only! X10 cannot be held liable for any data lost!

If you have not made back ups of your website then it is your fault.

I believe Corey stated that the Data center removed the old free server before they could finish transfering everything, so again it is not x10's fault, but the datacenter the server was at!

I also believe this thread should be closed now before it turns into a major SPAM fest!

Regards,
Zenax

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
No, it shouldn't. Don't backseat moderate.

I am asking if they happen to have a backup of the SQL when they began the move. If not, then I am okay with that. But, I at least want one of the Admins to confirm this so that I know whether my members will have to reregister.

dest581

Reaction score
Curses. Looks like I lost mine too.

Would the sustained server possibility apply to me too? If so, would I just submit that application (when it's put up) or create another account first?

Zenax

Reaction score
I aint backseat moderating, I am merely stating the truth!

Backup's of x10 are for the use of x10 only, and only if the the entire server gets lost!

The sustained server, applies to people who lost their account on their old server, because it wasn't transfered acrosss.

Anything to do with your account, has been lost if it was on the old server.

I am pretty sure that any admin/moderator would say the same thing!

Regards,
Zenax

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
That is not what I am saying.

I also believe this thread should be closed now before it turns into a major SPAM fest!
That is backseat moderating

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
6. System Backups
Backups of all customer data are soley the responsibility of the client. x10Hosting does full nightly backups, these are to be used for system restore only, and are not tested for individual account backup. Any other questions on this policy should be directed to the staff.

Read the point 6 of the TOS. I'm really sorry that you lost your site, but there's nothing we can do.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
To explain more what happened... We were copying accounts 24/7 to the new server but there are about 2,000 accounts that had to be moved ASAP. Now the multi account copy runs by itself, but due to hardware\software issues it kept locking up. This caused a huge problem with being able to transfer accounts because of all the lock ups.

I believe out of 2,000 accounts we lost about 30 total. There was nothing we could do to get those accounts any faster, I had all senior staff helping to copy accounts in the last week it was online.

As Bryon said most likely your site is gone if you can't get to it now. We feel very bad about anyone losing their information so we are offering anyone who lost their site due to the move a free upgrade to the sustained server. If you want to take this upgrade PM me your cPanel username, subdomain and password. I will create the accounts manually ASAP.

Again, please ALWAYS ALWAYS make backups of your stuff, especially the databases. We handle and go through so many accounts on a daily basis accidents will happen no matter how hard we try to prevent them.

Sorry to everyone who lost important info,

-Corey

nol888

Reaction score
Go Corey! lol x10 is seriously the best web host on the net. We(I) understand.
I'm pretty lucky i didn't lose any data. Well maybe there was that day or so of database information, but nothing serious. ^_^

Gee, wish i was eligible to more to the sustained server, still got 4 months to go!

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late, didn't find the topic right away...
I will probably apply for the sustained server but I wanted to know something about the back ups:
About a week ago, I decided to try making one, since we're preparing a php rpg. It sent me an e-mail, I think it created a back up file somewhere on my account, but I didn't really understand how the back up worked.
So...will it be possible to get it back or is it just lost with the rest of the data? (I probably can guess the answer right away, but who knows..)

Thanks anyway, x10 is free, is cool, and that was not your fault. *sigh*:happysad:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Generating a full backup
Overview
A full backup will backup all files needed to restore your account if it is corrupted, deleted, or moved to another server. Generating a full backup and saving it to a remote location can be a very safe move in case of problems with your account.

Steps
1 To access the Backup Menu, click on the icon above the words Backup on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
2 Click on Generate/Download a Full Backup
3 Select the destination you wish to save the backup to from the drop box next to Backup Destination:
4 Enter your email address in the field next to Email Address:. An email will be sent to this address when the backup is completed.
5 If you are backing up to a remote server, place the server's name, your username, and your password on that server in the appropriate fields.
6 Click on Generate Backup to start the backup process.

Restoring backups
Overview
You can use the Backup Menu to restore a Home, MySQL, filter, or alias backup. To do this, you must have that backup on the computer that you are accessing cPanel from.

Steps
1 To access the Backup Menu, click on the icon above the words Backup on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
2 Click on the Choose button below the backup type you wish to restore.
3 Once you have selected the file you wish to restore, click on Upload

Info taken from: http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel/ go there for more info.

Thread closed, if you've more questions, you can reopen the thread.

Last edited:

sariel

Reaction score
Seems my site's gone too. It's not even in the DNS, for some reason....

Login: sariel

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please PM me with the info if your account was lost during the move and I will recreate it on the sustained server.

Please reopen if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.