800+ MB of "Other Usage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

yortzecx

Reaction score
Hello,

My cPanel is showing 881 MB of "Other Usage," taking up nearly all the space on my account. I don't think the solution is asking for extra space—my files only take up about 15MB. I was just wondering if this 881 MB is a mistake—I can't imagine server logs or anything needing nearly that much space. If there is a good reason for this, let me know and I'll consider asking for more space. At this point, though, it just seems like it's probably some mistake that's producing all this waste.

No rush to respond—I haven't gone over my quota of 1024 MB quite yet.

Thanks so much,
yortzecx
http://yortzec.x10.mx/

If it matters, I attached a screenshot of my disk usage.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-11-03 16:56:16.png
    Screenshot from 2013-11-03 16:56:16.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 12

yortzecx

Reaction score
Update: If it helps, here's a screenshot showing that my home directory only adds up to 15 MB. I would really appreciate it if an admin could clear out the 881 MB of "Other Files" that I can't access, and don't seem to be serving any purpose. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-11-15 12:32:32.png
    Screenshot from 2013-11-15 12:32:32.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
This is probably related to other the other people who can't access their cPanel anymore because they've exceeded their space. Probably because you use so little space you can still access it, but people with slightly larger sites can't.

Long story short, it's a problem with the server many people are having and we can only hope they're already working on a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.