;_; Site Timing Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbryanm

Reaction score
Ahoy there,
It seems my site is down, and apparently not just for me since I went to downforeveryoneorjustme and they agreed. :p Just wondering if a nameserver is down somewhere or maybe I'm not in as good standing as I thought I was...thinking on what could make mods mad at me:
1) I have a somewhat of a stalker who likes to track me down on the net and mess with my site or any of my endeavors. A day or so ago, he had found my site on here and had most likely used curl to view it via a cheeky page named '/mcfaggot.php'. I'm sure he would have moved on to the page I used to update my database as that is the most logical step. Instead of blocking his server's IP and his as well (which is what I have done the last three sites and which hasn't worked the last three sites because of proxies) I decided to do an infinite loop in PHP to make his stalker page timeout. This might have put unneeded stress on a server so I apologize and will take it off if it has.

2)I somehow violated TOS. Not sure how, but I'm sure it could be done. Could have been that stress from the loop. :p

Any info or help would be awesome.

-Mcbryan

no1knowswho

Reaction score
guess the server is down. i just created an account and uploaded some stuff and it's not working at the moment. can't get into cpanel either.

thx,
no1

mcbryanm

Reaction score
guess the server is down. i just created an account and uploaded some stuff and it's not working at the moment. can't get into cpanel either...
Ah, I don't remember if x10 has a waiting list or not like the other sites I've signed up with before. I'm pretty sure it has instant access. I checked the service status threads and nothing has come up...

xichar

Reaction score
My site at sosdancn.exofire.net is also doing this. On Starka.x10, so I assume it's the same issue.

mcbryanm

Reaction score
My site is down aswell.
I'm on stoli
Oh...then the problem may not be restricted to a particular nameserver...
In fact, earlier I had some trouble with mysql errors for the forum.
Something to the order of 'too many connections'...
This may have nothing to do with any of this though. :p

no1knowswho

Reaction score
just checked account panel (not cPanel) and the server status says: coming soon! so i guess we'll have to wait. im just wondering if it is scheduled maintenance or server went baam. if it was scheduled anybody know if there is a place i can find out about the schedule?

thx,
no1

mcbryanm

Reaction score
My site at sosdancn.exofire.net is also doing this. On Starka.x10, so I assume it's the same issue.

Consensus says 'yup.'
Edit:
just checked account panel (not cPanel) and the server status says: coming soon! so i guess we'll have to wait. im just wondering if it is scheduled maintenance or server went baam. if it was scheduled anybody know if there is a place i can find out about the schedule?

thx,
no1

They have a a 'Server Alerts' page dedicated to threads about the server.
http://forums.x10hosting.com/service-alerts/

Last edited:

reinerzufall

Reaction score
In the "Service Alerts" area isn't a thread about the broken stoli server.

Half an hour ago my site had a downtime of about 5 minutes, now the connection to the mysql database is broken down. (PHPBB says "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) [2002]")

so, there's not just 1 user with problems on the stoli server :dunno:

mcbryanm

Reaction score
In the "Service Alerts" area isn't a thread about the broken stoli server.

Half an hour ago my site had a downtime of about 5 minutes, now the connection to the mysql database is broken down. (PHPBB says "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) [2002]")

so, there's not just 1 user with problems on the stoli server :dunno:
Does your site timeout? Because it sounds like your forum loads up fine...
Mods might be asleep or they're trying to work on it...

Last edited:

papichulo_carioco

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Please do not spam. Reply with a word or phrases that do not provide anything is considered spam and admin can warn them

Status
Not open for further replies.