a bit unsure about the rule, just looking for basic content feedback on my site

destinie_jones64

Reaction score
Hi,

I do not have a template and am not looking for design help, just a quick ´how does it look´sort of feedback to tell me if the content makes sense would be helpful.

Apologies if this is not what I am supposed to post.

My site is: http://shirad.x10.bz/ (critique on the English button is sufficient, as I am a bit behind in updating the other two parts of the site due to illness...)

Many thanks,
Peace,
Shira Des.

roby718

Reaction score
It looks like a good geocities site. It could use some good layout, and less table use, combined with more CSS use.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
How could you put a geocities site into x10 hosting?
Nice site by the way

destinie_jones64

Reaction score
Thank you. This was never a Geocities site, it apparently just happens to look like one.
Peace,
S. Des.

stardom

Reaction score
I layout/theme would be nice. Some less basic then just white and black. I think something like a CMS would work best. Maybe adding some colored pictures?

destinie_jones64

Reaction score
I will give it a think... I appreciate the suggestion, you´re right, it needs something more. For the moment I am just glad the content makes sense. I need to narrow the focus of my consulting offerings so I am not scattering my energy so much, as I currently feel totally exhausted much of the time.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I layout/theme would be nice. Some less basic then just white and black. I think something like a CMS would work best. Maybe adding some colored pictures?
This is a nice suggestion
A CMS like joomla or a blog php script/CMS like wordpress will give a freedom and time to concentrate on the content of the site than the design itself.
Moreover the plugin and support available on the WWW is immense and awsome.
CMS will give a database driven site and backing up the site and restoring is even better that a static site.

destinie_jones64

Reaction score
Thanks! Once I am less overwhelmed with my job search I will give it more thought.
many thanks again for your suggestions,
Destinie

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Job search for webdesign?
Any way..good luck.

Darkmere

Reaction score
I would get rid of the Table layout. Use CSS to set the layout or what the others were saying. I think it is lacking in color. And if I can make a suggestion? Use some tab etiquette. I mean it is not required but it does allow for others to read your code a little easier instead of it all smashed together it also allows for you to edit your own work faster.

learning_brain

Reaction score
I agree with the above comments.

This looks like one of my first pages, so I don't blame you on this huge learning curve.

The lack of imagery is the most hard-hitting aspect of this site. It lacks colour and cohesion.

As mentioned earlier, using a pre-built template will probably be your best ally at this stage. Your only problem with a template is understanding how it has been put together!

Good effort.

Rich

destinie_jones64

Reaction score
Thank you! I will think of some images to put up there first, and then work on templating etc.

Many many thanks for your comments,
D.

Texas

Reaction score
It's a plain and simple site. It could use additional color to spruce up your site and make it more appealing to visitors.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
Yes, a little improvisation could go a long way here. :)