A bundle of MySQL problems (wiki, databases that should be there but aren't, ect...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockraider

Reaction score
URL: www.rockraiderontheweb.pcriot.com
cPanel username: j14s
Type: Corporate

Error selecting database wikidb: 1044 Access denied for user 'j14s_j14s'@'rockraiderontheweb.pcriot.com' to database 'wikidb'

Another problem: SQL Databases: 1/5

I have made 2...yet only 1 comes up as being there...that's not right. Under phpMyAdmin they both show up...but not here. :confused:

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Re: A bundle of MySQL problems (wiki, databases that should be there but aren't, ect.

There was some server maint. being done. This may have caused it. Also, in the future-- It's a good rule of thumb to backup the database nightly, or atleast weekly just for this reason.

QuwenQ

Reaction score
Re: A bundle of MySQL problems (wiki, databases that should be there but aren't, ect.

Ditto here - databases I'm making aren't showing up, and the archives on my blog only have 3 items each... I made over 100 articles so far. :/

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score

Normally, i'd suggest waiting for a staff member ;) but in this case, I can't. Only thing I could think of, I know corey moved another server's mysql from being local to mysql.* last night.. Perhaps instead of copying all the databases over at one time, he may have had a backup of a few days ago, or is still in the process of it.

QuwenQ

Reaction score

Probably is just server work, I'd work a couple of days before doing anything. My established MySQL database is working well, so I can't complain.

rockraider

Reaction score

Well at least I'm not the only one...I was just trying to configure MediaWiki yesterday...so there's no data loss. I thought it was rather weird though...

rockraider

Reaction score

I've still got this problem. Anyone have a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.