A few doubts wich "search function" didn't answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurien

Reaction score
Thankfuly I'm no detective or I'd starve to death.
Here are the questions, in advance thank you for taking the time for reading them and a double thanking if you answered =)

1_If my site has frames, is it enough if I place the ADS in one frame wich is visible at all times or do I have to place it in every frame?
I know it says in 'every single page' yet I'm not sure if it refers what the user can see or what the browsers loads as each individual file.

1.b_ In case the answer is that it has to be in every single page..how do I add one to the one wich contains the frames?

2_ Is is considered a violation of the TOS (copyrighted stuff) if I translate a piece of text or game table (spell progresion of an RPG for example) and then place it for users to use it as a reference?

2.b_ If yes, is it considered so if I modify it?

3_ Can I add my own ads to the site?
For example placing x10's banner at the top of the site and mine at the bottom?

Thanks again in advance =)

QuwenQ

Reaction score
1. I'm pretty sure this is allowed, don't take my word for it though. As long as it's VISIBLE in every page, which an I-Frame would be...

1.B At the top of every page, as long as you don't have to scroll down.

2. Not sure.

3. Yes. You can even place your own ads above x10's, x10's just have to be visible without scrolling down.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
1_ You can use frames to insert the ads. Make sure the ads are visible at the frame, and that the frame is shown in all your pages.

2_ What are you going to translate? I can't understand what you're trying to say...

3_ You can add your own ads, but: If you've the Corporate plan, the ads you add can't be bigger than the x10hosting ad. If you've the Advanced plan, there's no restriction in the ads you can add.

Also, please link your hosting account (http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-h...-your-hosting-account-your-forum-account.html), or you'll get your account suspended.

Lurien

Reaction score
Thank you Fed =)
I had alredy read that thread but am waiting for the admin to accept my account petition (my country is banned).

An example of one I've alredy translated would be...
Have you ever played D&D?
In 2E, wich is now discontinued and whose creator (TSR) no longer exists, they have formulae and tables for basically everything, yet they only have such books in english (at least some of them).
Those spell progresion charts would be one of the many things to translate.
Edit:
I'm poping this up so my seccond question can be answered ;)

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That shouldn't be a problem. I don't remember seeing a PM from you, please send it again.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.