A few ideas..

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
I have a few neat ideas for ad placement on the page, and I'm not sure if they're allowed.
First: A movable ad- When the page is loaded, it will appear on the top, but users can move it around the page.

Second: A closable ad- Again, when the page is loaded, it will appear on the top, but users can close it out.

Third: A self-hiding ad- The ad shows at the top of the page, but after a certain amount of seconds, it hides. After it hides, the user can view it again simply by hovering over a small square on the page.

Would these ideas be allowed?

mattyranks

Reaction score
they are some pretty neat ideas that make displaying corportae ads so much more pleasing

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
I have a feeling they're all against policy. I hope they aren't, though.

Edit: If these ideas aren't allowed, I'll think of others. I'm a bit tired now and it's hard to get creative with DHTML.

Last edited:

mattyranks

Reaction score
I think that the moveable add could be alright as the ads disapear when the user scrolls down the page anyway. As long as it starts at the top and is always displayed then in my opinion that should be ok

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
mattyranks said:
I think that the moveable add could be alright as the ads disapear when the user scrolls down the page anyway. As long as it starts at the top and is always displayed then in my opinion that should be ok
[offtopic (Is that a real tag here?)]
I just came up with a GREAT idea for CSS frames that will allow for fading between the frame, and a neat DTHML scrollbar.. Give me a bit to make it (I should have it by tonight or tomorrow) and I'll make a new topic on it.
[/offtopic]

Well, and I intend no offense, but it doesn't matter if it's alright in your opinion. I see them as being alright (I'm iffy on the self-hiding), but I may get suspended for it anyway.

Last edited:

mattyranks

Reaction score
no offense taken and i hope i didn't ofend you in anyway

i look forward to the improved css frames that your doing.

and aslo your ideas are great; i'm just saying what i think

Chris Z

Reaction score
if you attempt to use these sort of scripts without exclusive permission, you probably will be suspended, but simply suggesting this is fine, i agree it's quite a good idea, i know that clicksor (i think) does this if Corey would like to try that out (the movable/closeable/floating ads)

mattyranks

Reaction score
that would be great f corey tries this stuff out ;)

Last edited:

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
mattyranks said:
no offense taken and i hope i didn't ofend you in anyway

i look forward to the improved css frames that your doing.

and aslo your ideas are great; i'm just saying what i think
If you are really looking forward to it, and know Javascript, please help! ;)
I'm stuck. I made a thread in the other forum about it: [Thread].

Last edited:

mattyranks

Reaction score
sorry but i don't know any about java scriot really but pm or post what you need help with and i'll try to find out how to do it

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly how it would look, once you finish it PM me and we'll discuss it as an option.

-Corey