A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex S

Reaction score
Hello I am new and I have a few questions about your web hosting service!
I also want to know about service provider changing host domains from x10hosting, to x10host, as I have heard of this happening and personal site malfunction as a result. Do the prices remain static or is there extra fees added onto the hosting prices after a undisclosed amount of time? Do you offer domain privacy protection for the whois protecting my personal information from the general public?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're new, you wouldn't have been able to get an x10hosting.com subdomain. The reason why that changed (and it was over a year ago, if I recall correctly) is that abusive users would get not only their own site(s) blocked or put on blacklists, but take down the whole of x10hosting's business site as well. As for whois, if you're on Free Hosting, you're not a domain holder at all (you're just using a subdomain), so there is no whois connection to you unless you decide to use your own (externally sourced) domain for your account -- then the whois protection depends on your domain registrar. Free Hosting is forever free, unless you decide to upgrade service (to Prime, which is a low-cost upgrade that means you don't have to log into your account monthly, or Illuminated, which is a small server upgrade, or to Premium paid hosting).

Status
Not open for further replies.