A kind of greenish template

Woolie

Reaction score
You can't really go wrong with simple layouts. Its a niceish green (as nice as green can be). Perhaps you could have the navigation links displaying as blocks so that you can put your cursor near the link and it would select it rather than having to go over them.

Zenax

Reaction score
Thanks woolie. I will take it into consideration

any more comments?

dest581

Reaction score
free-server http is down. I look forward to seeing this when it's up.

mikel2k3

Reaction score
very... very... green, lol.

Not bad really, not many people use green in websites too much, but yours seems ok. Background is a bit too simple, so try making into a slight gradient or something.

Keep changing little bits and itllbe great :)

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Yes, a gradient would work well here. Some simple CSS would allow you to horizontally scroll a black-to-green or dark/light green-to-greengradient as the background. Background aside, I like it.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
It would be great if it was liquid (meaning width specified in percents).

Not everyone has a tiny monitor and you're wasting a lot of screen space for those who have widescreen or other large monitors.

You don't have to set it to 100%. It can be 90% or something like that, so you can still see the gradient.

Also, the code is horrible. You're using tables to lay out the whole page. That's not what they're for. They're supposed to be used for stuff such as numerical data.

I like the look of the layout, though.

Last edited:

Nekaid

Reaction score
Hm, not bad. But, the text could be a bit better. Since it is a simple layout, I don't see much more room for improvement.

Kay

Reaction score
The design is very simple and green, which isn't bad however the size of it is a bit on the small side, I think if you brought in a few more colours other than just green and make it wider you will have a good design there. This is a good design that would work for many different companies.

Cubeform

Reaction score
I like the look of the layout, but as noerrorsfound said, your code is horrible, proprietary-browser crap. Why do you even bother using XHTML 1.0 if you're just going to use presentational markup everywhere?

Other than that, it's a good layout. There's something about the green that I don't like, but I can't quite point it out.

Zenax

Reaction score
I am not one of these coders who makes it standards compliant. My theory is that if it works, then nothing needs to be changed.

The width thing, shall get updated. I didnt make it XHTML 1.0 on purpose, I just created a new document in dreamweaver.

As for the tables thing, I will probably eventually get round to code the whole thing in CSS and DIVS and make the code neater, but this template was a spur of the moment thing, that I did just to waste a bit of time.

In fact it is probably the quickest template I have ever designed!

--
Zenax

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Other than the zero amount of padding between background and top text (Visit our partner..."), it seems fine. :)

oab

Reaction score
i would add a 1px black left and right border around the content to distinguish it from the background.