A little advice?

ryoko126

Reaction score
I am working on a Xenogears novel site, and I don't know of colors that would go well with this I don't want the colors to clash or be too loud.

http://xenonovel.x10hosting.com/

What I'm looking for is a dark color scheme. Any color selections for fonts, links or whatever? I'd appreciate it. Also, please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. It was the most appropriate one I could find.

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
pick a screenshot of Game Menu and opening Screen

check their color and apply in the website. :D

this is how you can be near as possible of the game

ryoko126

Reaction score
That's a good idea, and I just downloaded the Xenogears font too so I can make a banner. Thanks. Any ideas for link colors? red or white? Sorry for sounding so dumb but I appreciate your suggestions.

reichiru

Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about the red, to be honest. If you really want red, try a lighter shade. The one you have right now is too strong. You could fancy up the headers too, if you want. Work on the banner too, and you should be fine!

reichiru

Reaction score
It's alright, everyone has to start somewhere. I'm not saying I'm good either, but I can try and help. Just don't give up.

ryoko126

Reaction score
That would very much be appreciated. For your help, I'll credit you for helping with the design.

reichiru

Reaction score
Let's see now... do you want to work this out over IM or something? PM me and let me know.

cashguy

Reaction score
I agree with reichiru. Red on black is too harsh (though daring) of a combination. But that's me talking. There are a lot of gamers out there who are put off by light colors. So be careful before you take a decision!