A little FTP problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickmanx262

Reaction score
Hey there. I've been in quite a bind for the past few days, as my previous server seems to be shutting down on us without having the common decency to give us half of a warning (I've seen this story before, so it's nothing I'm not familiar with).

Luckily I found here, so I should be in pretty good hands, but for some reason, my FTP (I'm using FileZilla) won't log in, and constantly gives me a "Could Not Connect to Server" message.

Is anyone else having this problem, since if so, it's probably just a slight server issue, but otherwise, I must be doing something very wrong. Any help is very appreciated, thanks in advance.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey there. I've been in quite a bind for the past few days, as my previous server seems to be shutting down on us without having the common decency to give us half of a warning (I've seen this story before, so it's nothing I'm not familiar with).

Luckily I found here, so I should be in pretty good hands, but for some reason, my FTP (I'm using FileZilla) won't log in, and constantly gives me a "Could Not Connect to Server" message.

Is anyone else having this problem, since if so, it's probably just a slight server issue, but otherwise, I must be doing something very wrong. Any help is very appreciated, thanks in advance.

What is the server/host name and username you are using to connect to FTP?

If your domain name is giving error try stoli.x10hosting.com as host...

quickmanx262

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm using the temporary subdomain I have here, which is fortescomics.x10.mx. Since I just added the nameservers to the domain registrar, I know for a fact it hasn't updated yet, so there's no reason for me to try and use my fortescomics.net name yet.

I also tried ftp.fortescomics.x10.mx, and it too didn't work.

Unfortunately, the stoli.x10hosting.com doesn't work either, so I suppose the domain isn't what's causing the problem.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm using the temporary subdomain I have here, which is fortescomics.x10.mx. Since I just added the nameservers to the domain registrar, I know for a fact it hasn't updated yet, so there's no reason for me to try and use my fortescomics.net name yet.

I also tried ftp.fortescomics.x10.mx, and it too didn't work.

Unfortunately, the stoli.x10hosting.com doesn't work either, so I suppose the domain isn't what's causing the problem.

Are you able to ping fortescomics.x10.mx

quickmanx262

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm able to ping all of the domains in question. My domain has acknowledged the nameservers now, and I'm unable to connect via ftp to it, but I can connect to fortescomics.net in my browser.

is the FTP server perhaps down?

EDIT: Suddenly, it works! Thank you very much for all the help you gave, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
* Problem Solved - Thread Closed *

Status
Not open for further replies.