A little irate @ myself

mrirate

Reaction score
Other than being a-bit obsessive over this BP oil spill, how is the design layout of my site. (Yes I know using a template isn't exactly professional,but I am working on my own code) I just don't want things looking too cluttered, things are too cluttered aren't they? Thanks for the feedback in advanced :)

Edit: Forgot to put a link to my site, unless everyone has seen the men who stare at goats and can now read me mind. lol :) Onward Jedi Soldiers.

http://theirategeek.tk

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
In general, the design is pretty good, although I'm not sure how much different it is from the stock template. However, there is a little too much going on down the right hand side and the auto-loading video content could be little frustrating for other users on slow computers: perhaps you could consider moving the live-stream out of the sidebar and into its on dedicated page.
Other than that there isn't a lot wrong, although I keep reading your page url as pirategeek.tk, but that's probably just me :) .

mrirate

Reaction score
The auto loading video from PBS is only a temp until BP pulls their collective heads out of their butts. As for the pirategeek.tk I wanted to use that but the .com version was taken and when I do generate enough income and if its still available I will register the .com version of theirategeek.tk. Also, all I have on the lower right is my twitter stream and tag cloud, I didn't think about it being cluttered. the name thepirategeek.com (.tk) was for my idea of living about a 42 foot sloop. I wanted to do a blog and project of being the most high tech geek living in the ocean. I am open to suggestion on domain names that can accommodate a weird sea-faring geek. lol :)

v4xde

Reaction score
another site with google ads in between, don't alienate users.
earn money in different ways,
v

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I like it :D the gallons leaked thing doesn't really fit with the rest of the site though :/

~Callum

catz154

Reaction score
As far as design goes, I love the layout and colors. Nice!

wongers

Reaction score
you might want to put the Title in a box to match up with the rest of your layout.

theirategeek.tk
A place for a geek to vent.

That bit ^ ^ ^

other then that, its a good side, same views as previous posters, its a bit cluttered down the right, id probably slap that on a different page. and again cool it on the google ads, put it in once, not on each post you make lol

Zenax

Reaction score
Hey,

Looking at the website it is a nice looking desing. The colours are clean and simple and the website is easy to navigate. As for the website being cluttered .... I don't think that the website is cluttered at all.

Peace