Dont Know If This Is The Correct Place But
The Question Is
will flash replace html?

What Do You Guys Think?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I think PHP has taken over a lot more than flash has. I don't think it will.

-Corey

Conor

Reaction score
PHP and maybe Java. Not flash though. Flash is more of a designer thing and harder to learn and much more expensive too! PHP is the more practical thing to replace HTML.

Chris

Reaction score
Corey said:
I think PHP has taken over a lot more than flash has. I don't think it will.

-Corey

I'd have to agree. You can do so much with PHP. Also, the bigger a flash site is, the longer it loads and people hate waiting for things to load. And like BlueSuedeShoes said, it is harder to learn than PHP. Also, you have to buy a program (unless you use a free one, but there arn't many good ones) to make Flash images.

Alacritous

Skyline4life

Reaction score
alacritous said:
I'd have to agree. You can do so much with PHP. Also, the bigger a flash site is, the longer it loads and people hate waiting for things to load. And like BlueSuedeShoes said, it is harder to learn than PHP. Also, you have to buy a program (unless you use a free one, but there arn't many good ones) to make Flash images.

Alacritous

Yea i'll stike with PHP and manby some HTML...Flash nuh-ah i was trying to edit a banner in flash, and screwed it up lol..Thats why flash is a no no for me ...

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
alacritous said:

Alacritous
I also agree because people with slower internet connections means you have to wait more

Articz

Reaction score
ty for you replys people ill have to tell my friend that ty again

hazardu5

Reaction score
Technically PHP works with HTML to create pages. PHP simply creates the HTML output that we see on our browser. So by its nature, PHP does not 'replace' HTML it merely extends it to make webpages more dynamic.

sportman3333333

Red Sox Won!!!!!!
Reaction score
i dont like flash because it is hard to use flash and it is sorta easy to use php. I have to learn php and mysql a little more.

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Iv bein working alot with flash lately and its very time consuming, BlueSuedeShoes is right it is more of a designer thing but i much prefere php!

icely

Reaction score
why compare them? they are basically different.. php's a programming language while flash is just something to add a spice

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree their different, and I don't think it will, it's more complicated, harder to modify, and well PHP has a lot of great functions, works great along with html... so, I don't think it will.

Aroonxors

Reaction score
I don't think flash will ever replace PHP. Flash is more similar to Java scripts, ActionScript wise uses similar code.
PHP is wayyyyyy easier to learn than flash. I made a 30 second flash which took me 6 hours, and i also made flash site with two buggy not working pages with messed up action script which took me about 3 days.

So no i don't think it will ever be replaced.. but i do think they will be both intergrated as PHP and Flash eventually.

N

Nathan

Flash? Think to the future. Web 2.0 is where it's at. I'm all for AJAX and Ruby on Rails.

mattspec

Reaction score
i dont think there is a way to compare those 2 things....i like flash things, but php is php, its a powerhouse, if i had to choose one to live without, it woul probably be flash, cuz i wouldnt be posting right now, ty php

elserge82

Reaction score
Guys I have a complete different opinion
I guess html is basic, PHP and flash are great extensions.

php websites are nice but when it comes to online games u have to talk about flash
also creating a flash site is really cool but the load time is a disaster.No one will ever like to wait that much.Each one has positives and negatives.

As a conclusion,in order to have a perfect site u have to know all these scripts;) good luck

yahia

Reaction score
Ok, interesting thread even if it is outdated.
elserge82, I would like to tell you that nothing is perfect ;D

First off, like hazardu5 "prefectly" explained: "Technically PHP works with HTML to create pages. PHP simply creates the HTML output that we see on our browser. So by its nature, PHP does not 'replace' HTML it merely extends it to make webpages more dynamic."

I'll give more:
1. is a flash website accessible? No
2. is a flash website's content indexable by search engines? No
3. is a flash website's content semantic? No
4. usable? No
etc..

So, HTML is the web thing. PHP dynamizes HTML pages.
Anyway, I think we should be talking about html+CSS nowadays, not only html -_-

see ya

Zenax

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Yahia on this one. We should be looking at HTML and CSS and PHP. Combined together you can create major, massive, powerful websites, wheras with Flash the Loading time is utter Rubbish!

Regards,
Zenax

oab

Reaction score
Dewayne said:
Flash? Think to the future. Web 2.0 is where it's at. I'm all for AJAX and Ruby on Rails.

i like this guy..

Everything is getting faster and faster, with php you normally have to refresh the whole page to so somthing, with ajax everything is instant (basically)

ajax WILL take over!