A question

terabyte

Reaction score
Well, i've been thinking, i suggest x10Hosting should have everyone's bandwidth to unlimited, because if theres alot of users coming to a certain forum, and the bandwidth is limited, it will be a waste what..

Reputation of the forum goes down.. not only that, users will not be coming to the forum and admins, webmaster will have problems.

Zenax

Reaction score
I am sorry I am going to disagree with this.

If they were to set it to unlimited bandwith then I am sure there would be server load problems on the free hosting server.

Secondly, if the forum is big enough there is 45gig available with the advanced plan. If they are bigger then why don't they apply for one of the paid plans where the bandwith is even larger. I believe the paid corperate plan has bandwith of around 650gig.

Last edited:

dest581

Reaction score
Yeah, if you need that much bandwidth, free hosting isn't for you. Buy a plan.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
What type of forum are you running were 45 GB of B/W aint enough..i have a forum and barley break 100 MB of B/W per month:p

jaygreentree

Reaction score
There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. Someone has to pay for it somewhere down the line. If you are offered unlimited Space and/or bandwidth stay away from that company because there is something up there sleave. I learned this the hard while a long time ago.

Cynical

Reaction score
OK, let's also allow malicious scripts and completely eliminate the option for paid hosting too!

As much as everyone wants unlimited bandwidth, first of all it is impossible. There is always a limit. If someone is advertising unlimited bandwidth, they probably mean "unmetered" bandwidth, which means they simply don't keep track of how much each individual account uses, which is a really really bad idea. If someone doesn't use all of their alotted monthly bandwidth, it's not like it is lost or anything ;).

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
The only way to offer "unlimited" b/w or space is to cluster hundreds of servers together. That would costb too much in the first place.

mgw854

Reaction score
It's just too costly to have unlimited bandwith... plus then you get the crooks and people who use the server for evil, and crash it for all of us. It's just not a good idea.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Sorry man but i totally disagree with you. If evereything was unlimited, wed be crashing non stop and wouyld never have up time. Its already bad enough server troubles as it is. As mentioned, buy a paid plan.