A Record and CNAME Record Questions (How to point to x10Hosting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have a domain from eNom via Google Apps. In order to keep all my services active with Google without having to re-do each one of my CNAME records in cPanel. I would like to use an A Record to point to x10Hosting instead of NS Records. However, I have limited knowledge of how to use A Records and have only worked with NS Records in the past.
So first, I would like to know what IP address I need for the A Record to use my website on x10Hosting.
Also, do I specify which domain I have in the Parked Domains section of cPanel?
And lastly, how to I ensure a user has access to my site if they type in [www.[I]mydomain[/I].com instead of mydomain.com? Would that just be through a CNAME record pointing to mydomain.com?

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
In your DNS Control Panel, set up the following:

mydomain.com --> A record to 69.175.104.34
www.mydomain.com --> CNAME record to mydomain.com

The two records above ensures both www and @ (no www) works.

What do you mean by specify domain you have in Parked Domains?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know the technical details of this but when you configure domains, cPanel automatically configures everything in the backend and ensures that when someone visits your domain name, it will be pointed to the correct account.

Make sure you add the domain properly to cPanel though, otherwise it would show the Default Web Site Page.

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
Ah, I meant - do I have to do anything in cPanel?
And is there a location with IPs for any other things I might need in the future? or do you have to more senior member of the community (or the support team) to get access to that info?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.