A record and MX Record IPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahia

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a domain name, but the provider is the only one who can make the nameserver settings.
They want, with the 2 nameservers, the web record IP and the MX record mail IP.

Does someone know them? I'm on the free server.

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Not sure what the others are. Seems weird that they would need all of that. Maybe the web record IP is the server ip?

Last edited:

yahia

Reaction score
SOme admins told me that only the two NS are required, that when the NS are set, they configure the other IPs themselves.

But I keep on telling that to my domain providers, and each time there is a new staff that tells me I have to give all that stuff. It's been a month now :( :(

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
What company is it? Because the MX record should get set once the dns updates. The MX record depends on where you park the domain.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
You will only need nameservers, the other records are useless if there are nameservers...

yahia

Reaction score
Well I told them that. They answered that for my national TLD (.ma; weird yeah), it takes a lot of time to set without the other records, and asked me if that's ok to proceed. I said go ahead. And after weeks they're requesting the other records again!!!

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
The nameservers will be fine. Everything else is set once you park it in cPanel.

Tell them that the nameservers should be all that they need. The other stuff is setup based on the nameservers

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Because if it takes that long, and corey changes server again -- your domain wont work for a while. With just the nameservers it checks x10 for the valid ip.

yahia

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'll be battling again with emails. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.