A simple Question about the Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

xvalnar

Reaction score
Well i searched the Wiki,FAQ,the Forum and reread the ToS . The Only thing i found is :
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/128573-question.html

Now my Question is if i am allowed to Host a Browsergame on the x10 Servers as long as i do not break the High Resource Usage Policy. Now the Thing is in the Topic i found here in the Forum the Users says that it is against the Rules , but as mentioned i didn't found anything that tells Browsergames are not allowed

So it would be nice to get an answer ;)

(And sorry if this might be the Wrong Section but i did not find a other appropriate Section)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

As far as I am aware a flash browser based game is permitted, provided it is linked to a working website and is not in violation of any copyright. Please note games are limited to 1GB of space, and are still subject to the High Resource Usage system.

xvalnar

Reaction score
And what about a PHP/MySQL Browser Game i've written myself ? Would that count as Working Website as it contains a normal Blog,Form and the Game components.
The Code and Graphics are made myself so there is also no problem with the Copyright.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Should be fine, so long as everything is free of copyright, and you have a site relating to it. If you have forums, that should be fine.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just backing up what STPVoice has already said; they're fine. Just keep in mind, crons can only be ran once every 5 minutes unless you pick up Prime or Illuminated, and if the code is shoddy (or if the game has a ton to do and update), you run the risk of High Resource Usage. Not permanent though, thankfully :)

My recommendation for that part? Do NOT test it on x10; pick up a testing environment like WAMP or XAMPP which let you test your code locally first. If you happen to accidentally code in an infinite loop, it won't suspend the hosting account and make you wait to get it unsuspended :) It saved my tail more than a few times when I was on free :)

xvalnar

Reaction score
It's already running though at my local Computer , and the crons would be times just every 20 Minutes. As i checked the Performance already and because their results were quite nice i think it would be ok. Gonna check then when i have to move to the Premium Hosting with it ;)
So again thanks for the Information.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
No problem.
You may find you have issues with HRU, but, as you say, that can be solved by upgrading to Premium.
If you are suspended for HRU, you should be able to unsuspend yourself in the account panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.