a small question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow121

Reaction score
On the hosting pages when you see the plans it says you get cronjobs but they dont show up in my Cpanel.

edit\\If it helps any my plan is x10Advanced

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Wow that's a good question.. I didn't even notice it disappeared..

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
also, i'm thinking of buying a domain name soon, and when i go to parked domains it says...
Note
This feature must be enabled manually on your account. Please contact support if you paid for it and it is not enabled.
what's that supposed to mean? it looks like i can still park them but i dunno why that message is there..

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I think that saying means that you have to do the work yourself ... *lol* ... Thats how I understood it, anyway. I was able to park my domain without too much trouble.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Shadow121 said:
On the hosting pages when you see the plans it says you get cronjobs but they dont show up in my Cpanel.

edit\\If it helps any my plan is x10Advanced
I believe this is something were going to have to ask Richerd about?

yahia

Reaction score
youhou Richerd......

ps. which job does the cron do ?
in other words, what are Cron Jobs supoposed to do ?
dumb question ha!

Torch

Reaction score
It seems that cron jobs dissapearing is another consequence of rvblue template :p

I the mean time, you could use some free cron job services like http://www.cronjob.de

kryptonyte

Reaction score
Yea it's due to the rvblue templates.

@yahia: Cron Jobs are like Scheduled Tasks in windows. You can have a script or something run at a certain time or over and over. A lot of people use them for MySQL database backups.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They were removed on purpose, a lot of people were setting cron jobs to run every minute... I'm sure everyone has an idea what that can do when a few hundred people do it. We can put them back in but I will start suspending people for doing that.

Also, even though parked domains says that, it will still work.

-Corey

Chris Z

Reaction score
ok, ya sorry for not posting back here, i already parked my domain and that error had no effect on it so it's all good :)

yahia

Reaction score
kryptonyte: that is something cool!
corey: you sure should do that (suspending people that abuse), and put again thos jobs so that serious people take advantage of them.
bye

javaguy78

Reaction score
Can I have cron turned back on in my account. I have 3 cron jobs I need to run, but I run them every 3 hours... I can even extend that out to every night at 10 if possible, but I need access to cron for my Blogs and website to function 100%.

Thanks!
Chris

account: cschalk

dpogary

Reaction score
for my site i would run Cron jobs every....*loos* six minutes maybe i could set that to a few more or somethin...:lockd:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
dpogary said:
for my site i would run Cron jobs every....*loos* six minutes maybe i could set that to a few more or somethin...:lockd:

Six minutes? Good grief, what are you running?
Hopefully it's not using too many of the server resources.. there are Cron jobs that have been set to run every minute on this server, bogging everything down

dpogary

Reaction score
well its a Game(BNT) and it updates the "Ticks" every 6 minutes...:drool:

sadly its like the most important thing in the game...well one...without it, ships dont get turns, Planets dont produce...traders cant trade. Xenobe's cant hunt...so its pretty needed

Last edited:

dpogary

Reaction score
:hahano: i know one minute Cron jobs is bad...idk why youd do them so fast...but i have the game finished...except for the Cron...thats all i need and the game will be operational...i made sure before i messed with anything else that i would put the Ads in the game

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
If the cron was a php script, would that be classed as heavy resource using? Because sometime in the near future i MAY need to run one every 3 / 5 mins.

Tom

dpogary

Reaction score
wll i think any way you do it...im sure it will use resources...you have to figure a few houndred people using the server every few mins over and over. it would take some resources..a PHP Script? well i dont think you could make a PHP scrip that would run itself?

anyways, Admins: how do we get Cron turned back onto our account?

dpogary

Reaction score
is there a remote place that can do Cron jobs to your pages...without needing to be on this cpanel? so it dosnt bog down x10 much...since its running from someone else's server? or do cron jobs need to be internal to work?

lambada

Reaction score
There was a link posted earlier (in german but try using altavista's babelfish.

EDIT: oops no way to download that program, my bad :s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.