A stumper - SHTML

OdieusG

Reaction score
How do you insert banner ads, and things of that nature into pages, using SHTML?
I'll give an example:
Page 1, having a commented HTML string, like this
Code:
<!-- #bannerads -->

Now, replace that with 1) A banner ad....duhhhh 2) After 1 visit, the banner goes away for an entire day. I'm figuring cookies, since they have to be persistent enough to last 24 hours, but what would be put and where for this effect to happen? .htaccess? And if so, what directive?

OR

Inject a banner into a page without inserting anything into the HTML to begin with

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You could use some javascript/AJAX action, or build completely build the pages using a server side language (i.e. php) and log each banner usage in a database.

OdieusG

Reaction score
You could use some javascript/AJAX action, or build completely build the pages using a server side language (i.e. php) and log each banner usage in a database.

What I'm trying to achieve is specified pages, with simplified syntax TO them pages....for embedding affiliates, things like that into it, without hard coding any PHP or Javascript to them.....I have a guy that doesn't know much about web design, and he needs some simple tags to be able to put in

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
well you could use the system that x10 currently uses to display banners. Where you want to display a banner you include some javascript which then loads up the image and display it.

OdieusG

Reaction score
well you could use the system that x10 currently uses to display banners. Where you want to display a banner you include some javascript which then loads up the image and display it.

OK, sorry for the slow reply....so many things going on and just finally got back to see the post....I'll just have to teach him a little....gonna be fun :p