A total noob question

sh8y

Reaction score
I'm new to designing websites and I just finished a real quick run through with Dreamweaver. After I uploaded the simple little page to the site, gmr4life.x10hosting.com, i typed in that same link to see if the page showed up. Right away I was taken to the "Index of/" page instead of the one I made.

I noticed this with many people's pages. Can anyone help me and tell me the right way to do it so when i type the url in, I go to the actual homepage?

Any help will appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

audionation

Reaction score
This should sort it

Rename homepage.htm to index.htm thats should work now.

Thanks,
Steven Ross

nicholas

Reaction score
and if you are using scripts like forums/blogs etc, and want to be at your default url, just delete all the htmls elements before u install the scripts to the default page :)

fergandross

Reaction score
Yeah audio is really good at all this, i go to school with him and he's so into it all that in administration, he sits and does all internet stuff instead of work lol! Then again i'm always doing the same because the project we're doing is sooooooo boring...

audionation

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks ferg hope Mrs Rose (Admin teacher) doesn't visit this forum, lol.

Thanks,
Steven Ross

fergandross

Reaction score
lol she'll probably sit speaking to herself in her weard accent thingy she does...she takes like a day to pronounce the first two letters of someone's name lol! (steveeeeeeeeeeeeeen!)

fergandross

Reaction score
yeah definitely...she'll probably call us out of the class like she did to me and kim when we cheated during the class...every homework we had she would print a copy for me and i had no homework! lol lmfao!