a vista alternative.. ;)

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
win08.jpg

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Interesting. I wish I could afford Win Server 2008. Although not sure my computer could handle it.

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Hmm.. Wow that's nice.. but.. Windows SERVER Should be using a non graphical/min graphics GUI? If its ment to be a server that is...

~Blaze

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
it has that option in the install.. I chose to enable it

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I think I'll try and set it up on my desktop that I want to use for a server. I have 2003 right now, but if I can get a newer version, that would be nice to try.

shaunak

Reaction score
I'd opt for Windows XP in that case.

I actually paid to have Vista removed and Xp installed...

The best part is: If I did it myself, my warranty would be void.... but if I paid them, and they did exactly the SAME thing.....then my warranty would remain valid...
Really funny...

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Oh i am afraid my system configuration cant afford it.i shall go for a hardware upgrade.
My current config is P4 2.4 GHz,256 MB ram.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I tried server 2008, but there's quite a lot that refuses to work!!! Stuff about "Hey, this isn't a server product. Please pay us a load of money for exactly the same product that will work on your OS."

This is a useful resource: http://www.win2008workstation.com/

shiryu

Reaction score
can someone differentiate vista and server 2008 for me. im sorry im still a noob with this issues. :)

javajenius

Reaction score
Don't turn to linux to fix your windows problems. Linux = Windows problems + more problems, which is worse. See?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Don't turn to linux to fix your windows problems. Linux = Windows problems + more problems, which is worse. See?

Well I've used Linux for the past couple of years without problems. It's way better than having to wait for Microsoft to fix that blue screening bug with a TV card. I'd advise everybody to use it :biggrin:

And whoever said Vista is a mess you can have 100 credits, seriously. I'm feeling generous today =P

-Luke.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Please explain how you can have Windows problems without Windows.:nuts:

Using your logic, Windows = Linux problems + more problems. How does that make any sense?

Last edited: