About Computer

pradipkamu

Reaction score
I know how S60 series can work as computer to do all your work that you can do on your PC:lockd:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't understand how I'm supposed to reply to this... is it a question?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't understand how I'm supposed to reply to this... is it a question?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about a Nokia Sambian Powered Smart Phone. The grammar is very poor though so even I'm having a hard time understanding it. But yes, smart phones now a days are coming close to netbooks when it comes down to usability. You still can't do very big things on those things though due to the limited 300Mhz and slower CPU, and even the limited amounts of RAM, which is where Netbooks come into play.

But then this also brings up another question. Despite the phone having Sambian powering it, who's to say that the provider, which many happen to do, will lock down the phone forcing people to jailbreak/hack the phone? I've seen many Windows Mobile phones come pretty much unlocked, allowing you to run any app you want (heck, even set up a phone as a wireless broadband modem/access point).

Last edited:

jamesrascal

Reaction score
If you want to use a smart phone as your main computer you have a few years to wait. I have a windows mobile phone (samsung blackjack) running windows mobile. Its a great phone does just about all that I need when I am on the go but there are somethings that are just to much of a pain to do on it. I am a web designer and am all ways on the web I found a few apps that opened it up some more but some sites still wont run like hulu and google docs.

Over all smart phones are the future

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know how S60 series can work as computer to do all your work that you can do on your PC:lockd:
Ok, hmmm. How do I install a core2duo processor with a mouse, keyboard and a widescreen monitor on any S60 phone? Oh, and I need about 4 gb of ram also. If you can help you to do that, then I'll be able to do pretty much everything on it that I can do on my PC. Let me know where to start! :biggrin:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, hmmm. How do I install a core2duo processor with a mouse, keyboard and a widescreen monitor on any S60 phone? Oh, and I need about 4 gb of ram also. If you can help you to do that, then I'll be able to do pretty much everything on it that I can do on my PC. Let me know where to start! :biggrin:

If we do some l33t h4x to the phone, we can do that. Just expect a good two minutes of battery power and some explosions, and of course a heavy pocket :biggrin:

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If we do some l33t h4x to the phone, we can do that. Just expect a good two minutes of battery power and some explosions, and of course a heavy pocket :biggrin:
lol. Maybe a ripped pocket. I can't imagine trying to fit something like that in my pocket. What someone needs to invent is something like Dr. Who's lab, only on a smaller scale, so we could put it in our pocket and still fit an entire computer in it. :D

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
lol. Maybe a ripped pocket. I can't imagine trying to fit something like that in my pocket. What someone needs to invent is something like Dr. Who's lab, only on a smaller scale, so we could put it in our pocket and still fit an entire computer in it. :D

I have a better idea... Datacenter in a shipping container! We should buy/build one :biggrin:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lol. A couple years and everything I asked for in my first post will be in something the size of an iTouch.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
lol. A couple years and everything I asked for in my first post will be in something the size of an iTouch.

There is no such thing as the iTouch. It's the iPod Touch :biggrin:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
iTouch is Logitech's mouse software.