About home backup restoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Hi, firstly, thank you very much for creating my account on x10hosting ^^

I am here because my last free hosting (posting4hosting) died. So, I had to look for another one free good host that offered large packages, and I found you.

Before posting4hosting shutted down, I made a home directory backup with the cPanel utility. I was wondering if there is any compatibility problems if I upload that backup here, in x10hosting. The same happens with the MySQL DB.

Thanks in advance! See you!

jaygreentree

Reaction score
eNoyx said:
Hi, firstly, thank you very much for creating my account on x10hosting ^^

I am here because my last free hosting (posting4hosting) died. So, I had to look for another one free good host that offered large packages, and I found you.

Before posting4hosting shutted down, I made a home directory backup with the cPanel utility. I was wondering if there is any compatibility problems if I upload that backup here, in x10hosting. The same happens with the MySQL DB.

Thanks in advance! See you!
It should work fine with no problem. just login to cpanel and go to the backups section and you can upload your backup from there. Remember if anything uses a MySQL database you will need to change your server info for them to work.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Thanks! I started uploading the whole zip file through the backup manager but it cut at 88MB, so now I'm uploading separate zips (one per minisite) through FTP.

Cya, and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.