About Javascript locking

coacalli

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

This is my question.

Since i'm a Macintosh user i have no acces to Internet Explorer's actual features - no i don't have a mac that runs windows... yet - so i need some help on this one.

I have learn that IE has a lot of security issues and thus a lot of security locks, specially when javascript is involved.

Is there a way to make some source of script to find out if the user has javascript enabled?

what do i need it for? if the user has it on then i can make my vulgar-javascript-display-of power, other ways work with server side request, always on the benefit of the user.

So if any one has any word of advice on this matters i'll be 4ever grateful.

Forever: represents ethernithy, something that goes on permanently and, when used with the highest moral standards for human kind, lasts for around 3 weeks.

xPlozion

Reaction score
your question doesn't make much sense. are you trying to pass to php if the user has javascript enabled? i'm actually using a javascript script which returns an array of files in a directory from php.

PHP:
<?php
header("content-type: application/x-javascript");

// this is where your php coding will go.

echo <<<javascript
your regular javscript
stuff will go 'here".
javascript;

// you can have more down here

echo <<<javascript2
and more 'javascript"
in here
javascript2;

// and again more php code

?>

edit: also, the file is saved as php

Last edited:

Scoochi2

Reaction score
There's no need to test if JS is enabled or not. Just use it. If it isn't enabled, nothing will happen.
You can utilise this to pass information to PHP quite simply.
Code:
<script>document.form.hidden.value = 'JS works!';</script>