'About to exceed bandwidth' spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

saachi

Reaction score
About three days ago I hit the 80% mark of my accounts bandwidth, and now every six hours I'm reminded again. I was wondering if this is how its supposed to work, and if so, how can I turn it off and only get sent one at a different interval (say, when only 1 GB is left).

Also, since I only have so much bandwidth left, I've locked down my media directories with a faux 509 error page till the month ticks over, is this OK?

Attachments

• exceeded.png
    exceeded.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 106

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yes this should be fine.

Also, since I only have so much bandwidth left, I've locked down my media directories with a faux 509 error page till the month ticks over, is this OK?

As for the emails an admin will have to check that out.

saachi

Reaction score
argh

well, its not really important, but just something I thought you might want to be aware of. just to check, bandwidth resets at start of the month, right? or is it from the date of your account being created.

Attachments

• exceeeded.png
    exceeeded.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 63

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yes bandwidth does restart at the beginning of each month.

saachi

Reaction score
Sorry to spam out this thread with images of my inbox, but it's just kind of funny, they dont really bother me (yep, I got my first 80% bandwidth used on the 5th of this month for my Corp. account :/

Attachments

• exceeded_v2.png
    exceeded_v2.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 53

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
like 36 GB of bandwith in five days.. jebus, What do you have in there?

Last edited:

hartap

Reaction score
i saw u give the public the snapshoot video about ur game tutorial. Just suggestion, maybe u can zip the video. i think this will be reduce the bandwith use... not much but it help..

Defication

Reaction score
hartap said:
i saw u give the public the snapshoot video about ur game tutorial. Just suggestion, maybe u can zip the video. i think this will be reduce the bandwith use... not much but it help..

First off the qquote above is totally right, it wont reduce it by much but still will help. Along with that... AWESOME SITE!

hartap

Reaction score
i have question about your alert email, is that ur remider script or just the server alert thinks ?? because i want to setup my site like that

Defication

Reaction score
hartap said:
i have question about your alert email, is that ur remider script or just the server alert thinks ?? because i want to setup my site like that

If you can explain that smoother I might be able to see what your saying and help you out.

saachi

Reaction score
Mr Brownlove: All I have there is just what you see on the pages of my site, basically Tekken combo and match videos.

Hartap: I think you have me mixed up with someone else here, it wasn't me that done the sig tutorial. Also, the emails I get are automatically sent by default so if you reach 80% of your bandwidth, you will be sent an email if you have st it properly in cPanel.

Most of the files I have hosted are already zipped so yeah. The main reason I blew my bandwidth so much this month is because I put up a pretty big bunch of new match vids right at the end of last month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.