about VB.NET

chili5

Reaction score
VB.NET is a desktop programming language for Windows. It relies on the .NET framework and so to speak, you can't use VB.NET to make web pages.

If you use ASP.NET, you will use VB or C# but that is slightly different.

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/

curt15

Reaction score
Use HTML, CSS and PHP; its easier to find an alternative host as most servers run Linux, and the aforementioned can also run on a Windows server.

chili5

Reaction score
I agree with the above post. :D PHP, HTML and CSS are way easier to make web pages with then ASP.NET. Also it's easier to find a PHP host because they are mostly linux servers. :)

If you really intend on using .NET framework, you will have to use ASP.NET and find a good ASP.NET host which isn't as easy as finding a good PHP host.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
also if you want to use ASP.net or even at least ASP - the likely chances are that you are going to have to pay for hosting or even buy your own server to host yourself on because only Windows servers are compatable with .NET framework.
ASPSpider is a good host and they were the only ones i could find free - but they provide you with a poor amount of space...

PCWorld sells 1TB Servers for only £399.99. Or 500gb for £250, i might purchase one in a while.

EDIT:

Which is a great reason why so many places use HTML and PHP!

Last edited:

Pi606

Reaction score
x10 has limited support for asp.net (up to the .NET framework 1.1)