Access denied for user 'root'@'int.stoli.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apolybus

Reaction score
I just got a domain name, and i navigated to this website installer deal I have.. its asking for the connection info and I have tried EVERYTHING to no avail.. its tryin to connect to mysql running on my own desktop
ive tried localhost, myip, my router ip, your ip.. 0.0.0.0, my ip as a dns.. nothing will let it connect

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What is this website installer deal?

Last edited:

Apolybus

Reaction score
its called MangosWeb, and I just navigate to /install and it makes everything easy..
when I try putting my x10 address I get

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

Its asking for the HOST address, which I thought would be local, or my ip where mysql is active..

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
its called MangosWeb, and I just navigate to /install and it makes everything easy..
when I try putting my x10 address I get

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

Its asking for the HOST address, which I thought would be local, or my ip where mysql is active..

A host address would be something like server1.mydomain.com.

Try to use the Simple DNS ZOne Editor and point an A record (host name can be anything like mysqlhome or something) to your own desktop's IP. Then try using your new subdomain as the host.

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
The host address is localhost.

Apolybus

Reaction score
TechAirlines, thank you for the quick reply!!!

created 2 zones, one for my router ip and another for my computer ip.. its now just saying I cant connect

MySql error log:
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'blahblah'

strangely if I type the address from DNS Zone Editor into my computer, it loads up my router configuration page.. did I do something wrong?

When I use localhost, I get access denied. although the username/pass is correct

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
We don't have remote MYSQL so that is why it's not connecting..

Apolybus

Reaction score
Derek, is there any workaround or is this feature disabled for a reason?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Disabled to prevent abuse, we don't allow remote mysql.. I don't think there is a workaround unless you host the mysql via x10's servers..

Apolybus

Reaction score
Thanks, although that makes me sad panda =(
but since you saved me what would of been hours of trying to get it connected +rep

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, some users have also had the same problem, and after I read your situation I knew about it. Thanks in advance for the rep. If you need anymore help don't hesitate to ask.

Apolybus

Reaction score
Well 000webhost allows this, so imma hop over there.. but again thanks and ill mention your site with praise

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you for choosing x10hosting! Have a nice day.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
People: Please READ the error.

Access denied for user 'root'@'int.stoli.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES)

When you connect to a MySQL database on here you need to make sure you have the proper information. You CAN NOT log in as root, you have your own username and password. You need to log in with either a created MySQL user from your cPanel account OR (more of a security risk) log into MySQL using this information:

user: your cPanel name (or a created mysql user with access to the table you made for the software)
password: your cPanel password (or your password for the above user)
database: it should look something like 'cpanelusername_table'
host: localhost

That should get it working.

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
He is trying to connect to his home PC which is remote mysql.

People: Please READ the error.

When you connect to a MySQL database on here you need to make sure you have the proper information. You CAN NOT log in as root, anywhere. You need to log in with either a created MySQL user from your cPanel account OR (more of a security risk) log into MySQL using this information:

user: your cPanel name (or a created mysql user with access to the table you made for the software)
password: your cPanel password (or your password for the above user)
database: it should look something like 'cpanelusername_table'
host: localhost

That should get it working.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Backwards remote sql should work? No?
If he were to use the x10 databases remotely it won't work.

He doesn't have his own ip address or the ports forwarded for mysql anyway so there is no way he would be able to get his mysql from his desktop to here until he went through all that. Obviously, we don't help for that.

A better solution to all of this: Use a database on x10, in your cPanel. If someone were to connect to your website with your database on your desktop, if you got it working, it wouldn't respond while your computer is offline.

Essentially, there is no reason to have your database on your desktop.

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
He said hes trying to make his websiste "its tryin to connect to mysql running on my own desktop" and I believe that is remote mysql..

If not he must of not portforwarded..

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Well you're right though, even if he did want to remote connect he'd still have to mess with his own mysql server settings to even enable the server to connect to his database so I guess it doesn't matter.

Use the x10 databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.