Access Permissions......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sananzeas

Reaction score
Hi....

I seem to have messed up all my permission settings in my home directory......I was installing wordpress and did it successfully but then i fiddled with these settings and the entire thing got screwed......

Can some administrator RESET ALL the access permissions in the entire directory back to their default values ???

Username:anznor

Thanx a lot

EDIT:The .htaccess file has been modified by wordpress.....how to get the original .htaccess file back ???

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I've removed the .htaccess created by WordPress and your account is working now, you should be able to access it.
You don't need the original .htaccess unless you're planning to use FrontPage Extensions.

sananzeas

Reaction score
Thank You very much................

EDIT:Another issue had popped up yesterday.......

I had installed wordpress in folder 'wordpress' in the webroot and i installed it successfully.......But the index.php file was in root directory.......(I read this technique of installing wordpress in another folder and still running wordpress from root directory in wordpress.org).......

But then i had some problem........
On going to http://anzil.x10hosting.com it showed me the wordpress home page alright......But on going to http://anzil.co.cc it simply redirected the site and URL changed to http://anzil.x10hosting.com

This has defeated the very purpose of me keeping anzil.co.cc as a parked domain.......
Is there some way of making both domains point to same blog ???

Thanks

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This is most likely caused by the settings in wordpress. Normally you have to enter your site address in the settings area, if you access the site any other way it will automatically change the address bar to this address.

sananzeas

Reaction score
I know it asks you to enter the blog URL and u cant add more than one.......

But that isn't fair man............

The moment i enter the domain name, the URL changes back to the blog URL which is my hosting domain.....

Then whats the use of the parked domain ????

Its like a simple re-direction.................

Cant i point 2 domains to the same blog ???
Something setting out of wordpress if possible.......coz the way I see it it cant be done in wordpress..........
can something be done in the .htaccess file ???

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the way they made the software it has nothing to do with how a parked domain works. The parked domain would work correctly if they made their software work for it.

Something can probably be done in .htaccess, you'd have to look up some tutorials for it.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.