Accessing blocked websites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leofe

Reaction score
Can someone tell me different ways to access blocked websites at work... noone of them seem to work!
... I NEED to visit this forum at work!

Sohail

Reaction score
Some places even block the proxy sites by them selves. Actually i don't know why you are talking about this, this kind of stuff is NOT allowed on the forums, you could get reported and even worse, you could lose your account.

Please close this thread now!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Some places even block the proxy sites by them selves. Actually i don't know why you are talking about this, this kind of stuff is NOT allowed on the forums, you could get reported and even worse, you could lose your account.

Please close this thread now!

? We sure it isn't?

I was under the impression that it isn't illegal to discuss, but that it IS illegal to use your x10 account to do it.

Not that it matters anyways; if your place of work catches you using proxys to access stuff, that's a first class ticket out the door with a pink slip taped to your ass. That'd fall under most companies hacking policy or misuse of computer/company time. Thats not good cause those are the kind that employers WILL tell other prospective employers and it'd get you knocked out of the IT field (even if that's not your chosen field). Not exactly the best idea to do.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with this thread, Infact this issue is brought up quite often.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Is there anyway you could request that it gets unblocked maybe. The forum has no illegal content, neither does it violate any laws.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
It's only illegal at x10 if you host proxies.

My school blocks proxies like there's no tomorrow.
Try http://taurenhunter.info, it's unblocked at my school. Chances are that it's unblocked at your work.

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
My school blocks sooo many sites its not funny. Even Wikipedia. Why? I don't know.

One way to get past a filter is to just type the ip adress of the site that you are trying to get on. If you don't know the ip adress, go to command prompt and type "ping www.sitename.com" It should return a message saying "pinging (a bunch of numbers here) with however many bytes of data. That bunch of numbers is the ip address.

Next up, proxies. I know one completly unblockable proxy, but it is loaded with pop-ups and I dont like it much.. You have to type this EXACT address or it will not work. It is "https://vtunnel.com/"

Another way is to use an internet gateway. Like Ipig. I pig isn't free though. >.< Or you could use a VPN (again, not free...) You also could Create a vpn if you have an extra computer at your house, but i've never tried it.

The vpn or internet gateway works best.

I say try to use the ip address, or look for a good proxy. Or just search on google for ways to get past filters. Thats how I found all this stuff.

Sorry if I wasn't very clear, hope this helps.

chewett

Reaction score
if you download firefox portable from portable apps

this is inbuilt to get around blocking

warlordste

Reaction score
well other here they use a 2 weblockers one is up and down the contry and the other is owned by the school so everytime i find out its block in the matter of days even x10 is coz its a hosting site:( am in college as well and there still trying to control what we go on

pgames

Reaction score
At my high school even proxies are blocked. :(

That's why I found out while doing some translating, the only thing that works is the use of language/web translators. They work best for me at my school. The school can't really block web translators so it's the best! Used it for months and the website never got blocked.

Instructions
Go to www.freetranslations.com and choose webtranslator
choose your blocked website and type it in the webtranslator
and choose french to english or spanish to english so the website will always be in English!

ashhhevil

Reaction score
You can also use google cache. Just search the website on google and click on "cached" instead of the actual link to the website. But the problem is the links are to the original website

archive.org works too

unknownperson

Reaction score
i like the idea about firefox all the proxies are blocked at my school. And we upgraded to IE7, despite the school computers being low spec RM. And as a student you cannot delete your private data etc. The school is all off 1 IP. If it was changed would the sites still be blocked?

iamcrux

Reaction score
Best us to use UltraSurf..
If u cant find that search U88.exe in google and go to first link...

unknownperson

Reaction score
school blocks downloads as well
wouldn't it be easier to access a different web browser via a memory stick

Status
Not open for further replies.